TAIPEI, Taiwan, Aug. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Influenced by its rich geography and history, Taiwan has developed a unique and diverse culture that in recent years has inspired the creation of intricately-designed and unparalleled lifestyle products. To share the country's newest high-quality innovations with the U.S., the Ministry of Culture and the Taiwan Design Center selected the most creative and beautifully-crafted Taiwanese home and tech offerings to be displayed from August 21st - 24th at the "Fresh Taiwan Pavilion" located at booth 3871 in the Jacob Javits Center for the NY NOW tradeshow.
"After carefully examining the craftsmanship and creativity behind a variety of Taiwanese brands, we are thrilled to have the opportunity to bring ten contemporary design brands to exhibit their most outstanding products at the NY NOW show," said Patrick Hung, Director of Exhibition Marketing at TDC. "Taiwan is ready for the world to discover its exquisite products and to be recognized as a global leader in design."
Leading up to NY NOW, Fresh Taiwan showcased its distinctive offerings at Ambiented Frankfurt, Maison & Objet Paris, Tokyo International Gift Show, and BIG+BIH Thailand.
From the world's first-ever tonal earphones to hand-blown glass vases, the Fresh Taiwan Pavilion will have a unique array of products at the NY NOW tradeshow. Below is a brief description of the brands you will see there:
- Chord & Major (C&M Audio Co., Ltd.) – Combining technology and the love of music, this brand has developed the world's first tonal earphones that are custom-made for your favorite music genre. In 2015, it received the DIAPASON D'OR "Outstanding Product of the Year" Award, the most prestigious award in France.
- Danzo (Danzo Studio Co., Ltd.) – Integrating graphic design with out of the box ideas, this brand delivers quality products like dimmable tealights and tabletop landscape organizers.
- DAQI CONCEPTD (Daqi Concept Inc.) – Mixing traditional craft with technology, this brand developed unique items like a decorative birdcage with an ambient light and a Bluetooth stereo.
- eye candle (Eye Candle Studio Co., Ltd.) – This brand uses unique styles and colors to produce a variety of interesting decorative candles including a realistic French bulldog and goldfish.
- HMM™ (Kiwico Corp.) – Breathing life into everyday products, this brand has created utility products such as a handy pen ruler and a beautiful tabletop glass coffee brewer. It received an honorable mention at the 2015 Red Dot Design Award for its product Rule/One.
- PARSEC design studio (Parsec Design Limited Company) – As the creator of Treether (tree + leather) – a new natural material – this brand offers attractive wallets that feature the craftsmanship and warmth of wood, yet are flexible and durable.
- Shiang Design (Shiang Design) – Collaborating with designers and artists, this brand has developed modern desk organizers and stylish tabletop containers.
- Studio yenchenyawen (Yenchenyawen Design Studio) – Merging scientific experimentation with a wide range of raw materials, this brand has created products like hand blown glass vases and whimsical LED glass nightlights.
- TreAsia (TreAsia Design Co., Ltd.) – With great attention to detail, this brand has created products like full-range phonographic bamboo headphones and a sliding bamboo card case.
- Ystudio (Ystudio co.,Ltd.) – Observing culture and landscape, this brand creates products that blend in with the world around you, including a modern brass and copper paperweight and chic metal magnet set.
For more information on the Fresh Taiwan Pavilion, please visit https://ccimarketing.org.tw/en/. To make an appointment to visit the Fresh Taiwan Pavilion and speak with a representative, please contact Caroline Aponte at [email protected].
Ministry of Culture & the Taiwan Design Center:
Since May 2012, the Ministry of Culture has been working to promote various cultural & creative industry development plans from Taiwan across the globe. The group has partnered with the Taiwan Design Center, an integrated platform that works to inspire creativity in Taiwanese designers. Both the MOC and TDC have joined forces to introduce the world to "Designed in Taiwan" products.
Taiwan Design Center is a platform that connects Taiwan made design goods with international organizations and promotes Taiwanese design through hosting international events and awards, such as the 2011 IDA Congress, 2016 World Design Capital, and the Golden Pin Design Award. Taiwan Design Center also collaborates closely with the Red Dot Design Award; the internationally renowned Red Dot Design Area is a part of the Taiwan Design Museum.
SOURCE Fresh Taiwan