NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ITS America -- INRIX announced at the 23rd Annual ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition a partner program that expands access to INRIX Analytics and the company's historical traffic archive.
Launch partners Transpo Group and Fehr & Peers, leading transportation planning and engineering services firms will leverage INRIX Analytics and historical traffic data to help transportation agency customers conduct congestion management studies, inform system planning and better measure performance of their road networks. Through these partners, transportation agencies benefit from single use pricing for projects that deliver access to data driven insight from subject matter and analytics tool experts.
"Now more than ever, government agencies worldwide are being required to stretch and justify every dollar invested in transportation," said Rick Schuman, Vice President of Public Sector, INRIX. "Harnessing the same powerful system wide data utilized by Texas A&M Transportation Institute over the past three years for the National Urban Mobility Report, INRIX Analytics and our partner program provides transportation agencies of all sizes and budgets with a unique and critical resource to their efforts."
"We are constantly looking for ways to provide value-added innovative solutions to our clients. INRIX Analytics is helping us provide clients both big and small with more insight into the operational characteristics of their systems," said Bruce Haldors, President of Transpo Group. "The historical and real-time data assists in finding creative next-generation solutions...whether helping the City of Seattle in tackling growth pressures in the SODO neighborhood or WSDOT finding ways to accommodate Joint Base Lewis McChord while facilitating traffic through an interstate of statewide significance."
"We are pleased to count INRIX as one of our key partners for ASAP – our Big Data initiative. This type of data is truly transforming the landscape of how transportation planning work is conducted," said Matthew Henry, CEO of Fehr & Peers.
INRIX has partnered with the University of Maryland to expand the Vehicle Probe Project Analytics Suite currently in use by the I-95 Corridor Coalition to provide live national coverage for all INRIX Analytics customers. The Suite provides a real-time dashboard as well as instant access to historical data and the ability to compute common mobility performance measures on demand along with powerful visualization tools.
Key INRIX Analytics benefits include:
- Better Insight in Operations. INRIX Analytics provides a system-wide view of traffic that enhances traffic operations. A customizable daily dashboard show agencies an immediate view of traffic conditions including current bottlenecks and highlighting duration of delay for each slowdown in comparison to free flow and expected travel times. INRIX Analytics seamlessly integrates agency sensor, incident and work zone data with information from INRIX's crowd-sourced network -- covering more than 2 million roadway miles and interchanges -- enabling agencies to gain insight into conditions in areas previously blind to operations improving public safety and reducing incident delay costs.
- Pinpoint Planning. Through a more thorough and complete view of the road network by segment, by day, by hour, agencies can identify the severity of traffic at various chokepoints with much greater precision. By pinpointing areas that offer maximum benefit from improvements, agencies can invest limited transportation dollars with greater confidence.
- Unparalleled Performance Measurement. As agencies streamline operations and target investment, INRIX Analytics offers the following performance metrics:
- Peak hour congestion assessment comparing congestion levels from year to year, day to day, hour to hour in 1 minute increments.
- Travel time index representing a ratio of peak period travel time to free flow travel time
- Identify bottlenecks and other congested locations for each hour of the week that the average travel speed is significantly below free flow.
INRIX performance measurement tools include a configurable data downloader that extracts detailed traffic archive data by day, time and road segment, with data from 2009 up to the current minute. Calculation of all common performance measures as well as access to before/after data has never been easier or more broadly available. Built-in historical analysis tools enable configurable traffic performance measure graphing, plotting and mapping in ways that uncovers additional insights and presents key findings with maximum impact.
Agencies can stop by INRIX booth #209 at ITS America to get a personal demo of INRIX Analytics as well as learn more about how INRIX partners can help them with their efforts or register for a webinar on May 22nd at 1:00 PM ET at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/467530222.
INRIX is one of the fastest growing big data technology companies in the world. The company leverages big data analytics to reduce the individual, economic and environmental toll of traffic congestion. Through cutting-edge data intelligence and predictive traffic technologies, INRIX helps leading automakers, fleets, governments and news organizations make it easier for drivers to navigate their world. Our vision is simple – to solve traffic, empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce.
Whether through an in-car or smartphone navigation application, a local newscast or our INRIX Traffic app, our up-to-the-minute traffic information and other driver services help more than 150 million drivers save time, fuel and frustration. INRIX delivers traffic and driving-related insight, as well as sophisticated analytical tools and services across six industries covering over 2 million miles of road in 32 countries. For more information visit us at www.INRIX.com.