The Global Biomaterials Market is expected to register substantial rate of growth during the forecast period owing to factors like increasing geriatric population, rapidly growing healthcare sector and its wider use in various products and applications, such as contact lenses, skin repair, blood vessel prosthesis, gene transfer, drug delivery, and dental.
Biomaterials are artificially derived synthetic or natural materials which are used to interact with biological systems for medical purposes and treatments. They are often used in medical applications to augment or replace a natural function. The biomaterial market is anticipated to grow significantly during the next five years due to discoveries in tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and more. They often are biodegradable, and some are bio-absorbable, meaning they are eliminated gradually from the body after fulfilling a function. Additionally, metals, ceramics, plastic, glass, and even living cells and tissue all can be used in creating a biomaterial. Moreover, heavy funding by government organizations for innovation of new products is creating new scope for the growth in biomaterials market. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular, neurological, & orthopedic disorders, coupled with increasing awareness regarding the advantages of biomaterials products is further driving the market. Furthermore, rising prevalence of cardiovascular, neurological, & orthopedic disorders around the world is anticipated to create major demand for biomaterials through 2025.
The Global Biomaterials Market is segmented based on product, material type, type, application, end-user, and region. Based on material type, the market is segmented into metallic, natural, ceramics, polymeric, living cell and tissue. The metallic biomaterials segment held lion's share in 2019 due to wide use of metals in the manufacturing of medical devices and their use in orthopedic procedures for bone support and replacement, as they are strong and resistant to fatigue degradation.
By region, North America dominates the biomaterials market owing to the initiatives undertaken by several public and private organizations in the region. Also, factors such as favorable government policies and presence of major market players made the region dominant in terms of revenue share in 2019. However, Asia-Pacific region is expected to register highest CAGR in the coming years due to a large population base in countries like India and China coupled with growing incidences of chronic diseases and rising awareness about biomaterials in the region.
Objective of the Study:
To analyze and forecast the market size of the Global Biomaterials Market.
To classify and forecast the Global Biomaterials Market based on product, material type, type, application, end-user, company and regional distribution.
To identify drivers and challenges for the Global Biomaterials Market.
To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Global Biomaterials Market.
To conduct pricing analysis for the Global Biomaterials Market.
To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Global Biomaterials Market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on Global Biomaterials Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Global Biomaterials Market Outlook 5.1. Market Size & Forecast 5.1.1. By Value & Volume 5.2. Market Share & Forecast 5.2.1. By Product (Implants, Valves, Joint Replacement, Contact Lenses and Others) 5.2.2. By Material Type (Metallic, Natural, Ceramics, Polymeric, Living Cell and Tissue) 5.2.3. By Type (Bioinert, Bioresorbable, Bio Tolerant and Bioactive) 5.2.4. By Application (Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Wound Healing, Plastic Surgery, Neurology, Dental, Others) 5.2.5. By End User (Private Hospitals, Government Hospitals, Specialty Clinics) 5.2.6. By Company (2019) 5.2.7. By Region 5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. Asia-Pacific Biomaterials Market Outlook 6.1. Market Size & Forecast 6.1.1. By Value & Volume 6.2. Market Share & Forecast 6.2.1. By Material Type 6.2.2. By Application 6.2.3. By Country 6.3. Market Attractiveness Index 6.4. Asia-Pacific: Country Analysis 6.4.1. China Biomaterials Market Outlook 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Value 22.214.171.124. Market Share & Forecast 126.96.36.199.1. By Material Type 188.8.131.52.2. By Application 6.4.2. India Biomaterials Market Outlook 184.108.40.206. Market Size & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Value 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast 22.214.171.124.1. By Material Type 126.96.36.199.2. By Application 6.4.3. Japan Biomaterials Market Outlook 188.8.131.52. Market Size & Forecast 184.108.40.206.1. By Value 220.127.116.11. Market Share & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Material Type 22.214.171.124.2. By Application 6.4.4. South Korea Biomaterials Market Outlook 126.96.36.199. Market Size & Forecast 188.8.131.52.1. By Value 184.108.40.206. Market Share & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Material Type 18.104.22.168.2. By Application 6.4.5. Singapore Biomaterials Market Outlook 22.214.171.124. Market Size & Forecast 126.96.36.199.1. By Value 188.8.131.52. Market Share & Forecast 184.108.40.206.1. By Material Type 220.127.116.11.2. By Application 6.4.6. Australia Biomaterials Market Outlook 18.104.22.168. Market Size & Forecast 22.214.171.124.1. By Value 126.96.36.199. Market Share & Forecast 188.8.131.52.1. By Material Type 184.108.40.206.2. By Application
7. Europe Biomaterials Market Outlook 7.1. Market Size & Forecast 7.1.1. By Value & Volume 7.2. Market Share & Forecast 7.2.1. By Material Type 7.2.2. By Application 7.2.3. By Country 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index 7.4. Europe: Country Analysis 7.4.1. France Biomaterials Market Outlook 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Value 22.214.171.124. Market Share & Forecast 126.96.36.199.1. By Material Type 188.8.131.52.2. By Application 7.4.2. Germany Biomaterials Market Outlook 184.108.40.206. Market Size & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Value 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast 22.214.171.124.1. By Material Type 126.96.36.199.2. By Application 7.4.3. United Kingdom Biomaterials Market Outlook 188.8.131.52. Market Size & Forecast 184.108.40.206.1. By Value 220.127.116.11. Market Share & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Material Type 22.214.171.124.2. By Application 7.4.4. Italy Biomaterials Market Outlook 126.96.36.199. Market Size & Forecast 188.8.131.52.1. By Value 184.108.40.206. Market Share & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Material Type 18.104.22.168.2. By Application 22.214.171.124.3. By End User
8. North America Biomaterials Market Outlook 8.1. Market Size & Forecast 8.1.1. By Value & Volume 8.2. Market Share & Forecast 8.2.1. By Material Type 8.2.2. By Application 8.2.3. By Country 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index 8.4. North America: Country Analysis 8.4.1. United States Biomaterials Market Outlook 126.96.36.199. Market Size & Forecast 188.8.131.52.1. By Value 184.108.40.206. Market Share & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Material Type 18.104.22.168.2. By Application 8.4.2. Mexico Biomaterials Market Outlook 22.214.171.124. Market Size & Forecast 126.96.36.199.1. By Value 188.8.131.52. Market Share & Forecast 184.108.40.206.1. By Material Type 220.127.116.11.2. By Application 8.4.3. Canada Biomaterials Market Outlook 18.104.22.168. Market Size & Forecast 22.214.171.124.1. By Value 126.96.36.199. Market Share & Forecast 188.8.131.52.1. By Material Type 184.108.40.206.2. By Application
9. South America Biomaterials Market Outlook 9.1. Market Size & Forecast 9.1.1. By Value & Volume 9.2. Market Share & Forecast 9.2.1. By Material Type 9.2.2. By Application 9.2.3. By Country 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index 9.4. South America: Country Analysis 9.4.1. Brazil Biomaterials Market Outlook 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Value 22.214.171.124. Market Share & Forecast 126.96.36.199.1. By Material Type 188.8.131.52.2. By Application 9.4.2. Argentina Biomaterials Market Outlook 184.108.40.206. Market Size & Forecast 220.127.116.11.1. By Value 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast 22.214.171.124.1. By Material Type 126.96.36.199.2. By Application 9.4.3. Colombia Biomaterials Market Outlook 188.8.131.52. Market Size & Forecast 184.108.40.206.1. By Value 220.127.116.11. Market Share & Forecast 18.104.22.168.1. By Material Type 22.214.171.124.2. By Application
10. Middle East and Africa Biomaterials Market Outlook 10.1. Market Size & Forecast 10.1.1. By Value & Volume 10.2. Market Share & Forecast 10.2.1. By Material Type 10.2.2. By Application 10.2.3. By Country 10.3. Market Attractiveness Index 10.4. MEA: Country Analysis 10.4.1. South Africa Biomaterials Market Outlook 10.4.1.1. Market Size & Forecast 10.4.1.1.1. By Value 10.4.1.2. Market Share & Forecast 10.4.1.2.1. By Material Type 10.4.1.2.2. By Application 10.4.2. Saudi Arabia Biomaterials Market Outlook 10.4.2.1. Market Size & Forecast 10.4.2.1.1. By Value 10.4.2.2. Market Share & Forecast 10.4.2.2.1. By Material Type 10.4.2.2.2. By Application 10.4.3. UAE Biomaterials Market Outlook 10.4.3.1. Market Size & Forecast 10.4.3.1.1. By Value 10.4.3.2. Market Share & Forecast 10.4.3.2.1. By Material Type 10.4.3.2.2. By Application