REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Internap Corporation (Nasdaq: INAP), a provider of high-performance Internet infrastructure services, has joined the Equinix Channel Partner Program as well as the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ to expand its global reach and provide high-performance connectivity to its portfolio of cloud services. As part of this partnership, Internap will be offering its China Performance IPTM solution via Equinix data centers in Hong Kong. China Performance IP leverages Internap's patented Managed Internet Route OptimizerTM (MIRO) technology to identify the fastest route into China across multiple carriers. By offering this solution via Platform Equinix, Internap is able to deliver latency improvements of 2-10X over traditional IP.
With more than 688 million Internet users (according to a China Internet Development Statistics report), China has more than double the amount of users than the United States. Companies doing business in this burgeoning region face a significant problem in ensuring how to deliver applications to this vast audience in a high-performing, low-latency manner. Specifically, performance-sensitive applications – including those common to e-commerce, ad tech and financial services industries – can face numerous technological hurdles. Without a direct connection into mainland China, latency issues will arise. By partnering with Equinix, Internap addresses these issues and provides its customers a low-latency solution via direct connection to multiple Chinese network service providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- By providing direct, route-optimized connection between Hong Kong and China, Equinix and Internap enable enterprises to gain low latency access to mainland China's fast-growing markets, removing the complexity, cost and time required to set up operations on the mainland or engage directly with China's Internet providers. Latency improvements of 2X over Internap's traditional Hong Kong IP offering is typical, and some mainland China destinations experience latency improvements of up to 10X.
- A long-term customer of Equinix, Internap will now be joining the Equinix Channel Partner Program as a Gold Reseller. As part of this arrangement, Internap will leverage Equinix's global platform to help its enterprise clients quickly and confidently deploy multi-site IT solutions, build cloud infrastructure, and expand into new markets. Internap will deliver best-in-class colocation and cloud solutions across Equinix's 40 markets in 15 countries. And via the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Internap can offer its customers direct access to its cloud services, enabling multi- and hybrid-cloud deployments.
- Steve Orchard, SVP and GM of data center and network services, Internap
"Our 14-year relationship with Equinix has allowed us to continually offer expanded services, worldwide. By joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange and offering our China Performance IP via Platform Equinix in Asia, we continue to provide the highest performance solutions for our growing enterprise customer base, whether they are in Asia, or anywhere across the globe. And now, under the Equinix channel program, our relationship will continue to grow, providing cloud-based services to the market."
- Christopher Rajiah, vice president channel program, Equinix
"We are thrilled to have Internap as a valued reseller in our Channel Partner Program. We look forward to working with them to bring low-latency application delivery to their global enterprise customer base, and specifically the growing China market. We are confident that access to Platform Equinix and Equinix Cloud Exchange will ensure high-performance and secure delivery of their applications on a global scale."
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [solution brief]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange overview [web site]
- Learn more about Internap China Performance IP [website]
- Overview of Equinix Channel Partner Program [website]
Internap is the high-performance Internet infrastructure provider that powers the applications shaping the way we live, work and play. Our hybrid infrastructure delivers performance without compromise – blending virtual and bare-metal cloud, hosting and colocation services across a global network of data centers, optimized from the application to the end user and backed by rock-solid customer support and a 100% uptime guarantee. Since 1996, the most innovative companies have relied on Internap to make their applications faster and more scalable. For more information, visit www.internap.com.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/internap-partners-with-equinix-to-expand-services-globally-300261698.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.