WASHINGTON, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Here For America initiative today released Hoosiers Building More Cars Than Ever, state economic impact study. The report shows that international automakers' annual production* in Indiana has more than doubled since 2009.
Hoosiers built 905,000 vehicles in 2015 across four facilities: AM General, LLC (Mercedes-Benz), Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC, Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc., and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. Other findings in the report show international automakers in Indiana are…
- creating 113,400 local jobs
- directly employing nearly 11,000 Hoosiers
- purchasing $12.8 billion from U.S. suppliers
- contributing $13.03 billion to Indiana's Gross State Product
- generating $1.1 billion in state taxes
- contributing $1.7 billion to federal revenues
Indiana-produced vehicles include: the Honda Civic Hybrid, Civic Natural Gas, and Civic Sedan; the Mercedes-Benz R-class; the Subaru Legacy, Outback, and Tribeca; and the Toyota Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, Sequoia, and Sienna. Indiana is also home to 186 international auto dealers who sold a collective 90,093 vehicles in 2015.
Download the report to learn more… Hoosiers Building More Cars Than Ever
* Vehicles are made, built, or manufactured in the United States using domestic and globally sourced parts.
Here For America tells the story of international automakers and dealers, their ever-growing impact on the U.S. economy, and the benefits they provide to local communities. To follow along, visit www.hereforamerica.com and follow Here For America on Twitter and Facebook.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/international-automakers-created-over-100000-american-jobs-in-indiana-300371680.html
SOURCE Here For America