PORTSMOUTH, Va., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Reciprocal Trade Association (IRTA), whose purpose is to promote just and equitable standards of practice and operation within the trade, barter and alternative capital systems industry and to raise the awareness and value of these processes to the entire worldwide community, completed another successful year of pro-active initiatives and trading milestones.
In addition to providing international educational conferences, IRTA successfully completed the following important initiatives:
- Created a non-profit Foundation dedicated to providing barter industry education worldwide.
- Issued a comprehensive Deficit Advisory Memo, "Guidelines & Recommendations for Barter Exchange Deficits."
- Negotiated and implemented a Bartercard/USA recovery program.
- Attended and contributed to two City of London/British Standards Institute meetings in Europe in an effort to develop global standards for the barter industry.
- Set an all-time annual record of $6,525,976 of trading in IRTA's inter-exchange trading platform known as Universal Currency (UC) for 2012, and topped the monthly million dollar trading milestone in December of 2012 with $1,024,350 of trading.
- Attended and gave the keynote address at Anbell Trade Exchange's Opening in Jamaica, attended by the Jamaican Prime Minister and other top governmental officials.
- Issued international press releases including "Organized Barter Systems Growing to Alleviate Financial Stress" http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/according-to-irta-organized-barter-systems-growing-to-alleviate-financial-stress-151875945.html
IRTA and UC will continue to pro-actively advocate for the barter and complementary currency sectors in 2013 to fulfill its mission of providing an ethically based global organization dedicated to the advancement of trade and barter and other alternative capital systems, through the use of education, self-regulation, high standards and government relations.
For more information about IRTA or Universal Currency please contact IRTA's Executive Director, Ron Whitney at 757-393-2292, firstname.lastname@example.org, 524 Middle Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704.
SOURCE International Reciprocal Trade Association