LONDON, May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Internet of Things (IoT) Executive Brief H2 2015—Top Trends and Strategic Recommendations : Major Participants Focus on Licensed Networks while Nimble Competitors Gain Market hare in IoT Networks
The Frost & Sullivan study examines the key technology and market trends in the realm of Internet of Things (IoT). Based on expansion capabilities and ability to accelerate the market demand, Frost & Sullivan positions Cisco, IBM, PTC, and Legrand as the market movers and influencers of IoT developments. The study examines development in IoT technologies and machine-to-machine (M2M) modules in H2 2015 and explores the future direction of market growth.
- Frost & Sullivan highlights Cisco, IBM, PTC, and Legrand as 'Market Movers' and significant influencers of IoT development during H2 2015. These companies are selected based on their capabilities for expansion and ability to accelerate market demand.
• Moreover, in the same period, Microsoft and Amazon Web Services each launched IoT platforms.
• ARM, Cisco, Dell, Intel, and Microsoft form the OpenFog Consortium to promote IoT architecture with intelligence at the edge. Separately, Intel partners with HP Enterprise for developing the latter's EdgeLine product family.
• Customer wins announced in the half-year were mostly related to cellular connectivity for connected cars and the broader transportation sector. LPWAN contract wins were concentrated in the public sector, mainly with local councils for street lighting and parking.
• M2M module and device manufacturers announced sales in industrial, asset tracking, and smart metering.
• Progress on LTE options standardised for IoT will give telcos a stronger position from which to win back IoT space from SIGFOX and LoRa Alliance members.
• M&A trends show vertical industry leaders buying up assets in analytics and device intelligence in their transition from hardware- to service-oriented business models.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3817783/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/internet-of-things-iot-executive-brief-h2-2015top-trends-and-strategic-recommendations-300272029.html