SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- InTheKnow iPhone app launches today to give you trusted recommendations on restaurants, bars, and more - from your friends that know you best.
With just a few clicks, the app allows you to ping your network to get quick, trusted, and more personal recommendations from those friends that are "in the know." While many sites offer reviews, nobody knows your taste better than your friends. InTheKnow makes it simple to see all their recommendations in one place while you're on-the-go.
With InTheKnow, your friends can help you find just what you are looking for - the best Italian restaurant, a good bar for a first date, or a new place to get your haircut. Recommendations are collected directly in the app so you can instantly see what's best, easily locate details about each place (e.g. address, phone, website), and stay connected by thanking your friends.
"While there are other solutions out there to help locate new places, the problem is that I really just want to ask a few specific friends of mine," says Owly, the founder. "I value their opinion more than thousands of other people's opinions since they know just what I like. I now have an app that helps me collect their advice in a quick and easy way."
- Trusted Recommendations: Recommendations come from friends you've selected who know your taste better than anyone else.
- Fast Responses: Messaging your friends via the app enables you to get quick responses so you can take advantage of their advice while on-the-go.
- Discerning Opinions: Find the best place for you, without having to wade through an endless number of places with 4-star reviews on other recommendation sites.
- Organized Results: See all your recommendations in one place so you can access them at any time and share them with other friends looking for suggestions.
- Closer Connections: Develop deeper relationships with friends and show them that their opinion counts by sharing where you went and thanking them right in the app.
InTheKnow was founded by Owly, a 10-year-old, wide-faced owl from San Francisco. Only able to go out at night, Owly was looking for places to meet a hen he could hunt rodents and make "cu-coo" sounds with. After building InTheKnow, he reached out to a few friends and not only met Owlette, but also found some new places to take her - a salon to get her nails done, an especially dark dance club, and a restaurant that served their favorite meal - "mice Florentine." Owly is now flying from city to city to spread the word about his new app.
Read more news from InTheKnow.