COPENHAGEN, Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SMS PASSCODE®, the technology leader in adaptive multi-factor authentication, announced today that Intility, a managed cloud provider responsible for identity management, has deployed SMS PASSCODE's Password Reset Module for a streamlined password reset and renewal process for over 15,000 users in Norway. For more information, visit http://smspasscode.com/media/2143/case_intility_uk_02.pdf.
Intility produces and supplies a comprehensive Enterprise Cloud solution used by over 500 companies in Norway. By deploying the SMS PASSCODE Password Reset solution, Intility is gaining business benefits that include:
- Reducing strain on the help desk: In order to maintain a high level of security when accessing the Intility Enterprise Cloud platform, users must comply with the password policy by changing their passwords frequently. This resulted in users having a hard time remembering their passwords, and often needing to contact the helpdesk because they could not login. This put strain on Intility's help desk function, which had to respond to a growing number of password-related calls. Security was also a concern because it was difficult to verify the identity of the person requesting the password reset.
- Anytime and anywhere access: The expectations for the new solution were clear: it had to provide a high level of security, be user friendly and easy to implement. The self-service portal enables Intility's 15,000 users to easily change their passwords anytime and anywhere.
- Convenience, security and agility: SMS PASSCODE delivered secure and convenient self-service password reset functionality and leveraged multi-factor authentication to confirm the user's identity.
- Quicker realization of value through simultaneous deployment
One of the major advantages of the Intility platform is that its cloud-based infrastructure allows for simultaneous deployment of solutions to all customers. This means that all of Intility's 500 customers and 15,000 users had access to the SMS PASSCODE service at the same time, without downtime and at no extra cost. Consequently, the users receive greater value faster, as well as ensuring a more cost-effective operation for Intility.
- Ease of use for the employee: After a smooth implementation, the users found the solution intuitive to use and very convenient since they already carry their mobile phone with them.
James Dudek, country manager, SMS PASSCODE Norway, said:
"Password reset requests can be quite a burden for the IT help desk, and statistics show that as much as 50 percent of helpdesk calls are password-related. This frustrates users, disrupts business productivity and puts strain on the help desk staff. By deploying SMS PASSCODE's Password Reset offering, Intility was able to relieve the workload of its helpdesk and streamline the password reset process for its users, a win-win all around."
Arne Klaeboe, head of security and identity management, Intility, said:
"At Intility, it's our goal to meet our customers' expectations, both today and in the future. To achieve this goal while reducing the burden on our help desk, it was clear that we needed a solution for managing password resets. SMS PASSCODE was the obvious choice because it offered secure and convenient self-service password reset functionality and leveraged multi-factor authentication to confirm the users identity. The implementation was smooth and our users have found the solution very intuitive to use and convenient. For us, it is all about getting users back online as quickly as possible so they can be productive. We have achieved this with SMS PASSCODE: we now have more happy users and happy technicians who can focus on more complicated cases than password inquiries."
About SMS PASSCODE
SMS PASSCODE is a technology leader in adaptive multi-factor authentication improving enterprise security and productivity by delivering an easy to use and intelligent solution that helps ensure the safety of corporate networks and applications.
SMS PASSCODE authenticates users through their mobile devices, helping IT managers address evolving business needs with cloud applications and mobile security by dynamically authenticating users based on geo-location and login behavior patterns.
The solution secures remote access systems including Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco and Checkpoint.
Governments, telcos, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 40 countries appreciate its cost- effective, secure and easy-to-maintain offering, making SMS PASSCODE their trusted partner to securely authenticate access to services while preventing identity theft.
For more information, visit http://www.smspasscode.com
Peggy Tierney Galvin
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE SMS PASSCODE