NEW YORK, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The global intrauterine contraceptive devices market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2014 to 2019. The growth of the intrauterine contraceptive devices market is driven by factors such as increasing rate of unplanned pregnancies, effective contraception and less side effects of IUCD, implementation of Affordable Care Act (ACA), rising initiatives of private firms directed towards reducing the expenses related to abortion, funds/grants for IUCD products, and technological advancements.
However, high cost of treatment, threat of causing pelvic inflammatory infection (PID), threat of causing ectopic pregnancy, high rate of complications during unplanned pregnancy, and need of compulsory assistance of medical professional is hampering the growth of IUCD market. Moreover, rising number of players in this segment, technological advancements are creating growth opportunities for the global intrauterine contraceptive devices market.
In this report, the market has been broadly classified on the basis of types which includes; Hormonal IUCD and Copper IUCD. The copper IUCD market segment is accounted for the largest market share of 51.9%.
Geographically, the market in Asia accounted for the largest share of 35.0% of the Global Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market in 2014, followed by Europe. The Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market in the U.S. is primarily driven by Affordable Care Act, technological advancements. However, stringent regulatory and reimbursement policies in U.S., threat to PID infection are hampering the growth of the Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market in this region.
The global intrauterine contraceptive devices market is a competitive market with a number of market players. Bayer HealthCare AG (A subsidiary of BAYER AG) (Germany), Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. (Israel), Actavis Plc. (Ireland), and Medicines360 (Ireland) are some of the major players operating in this market. New product launches and partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and joint ventures are the major strategies adopted by most market players to strengthen their position in this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—, market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging- and high-growth segments of the global intrauterine contraceptive devices market, high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices offered by the top players in the Global Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the Global Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices across geographies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the Global Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the Global Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices market.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02851985-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001