SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce [NYSE: CRM], the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced Salesforce Inbox Calendar, the intelligent calendar designed for salespeople. Building on the popularity of Salesforce Inbox, the intelligent email app that transforms every Sales Cloud user's inbox into a modern CRM app, Salesforce is extending intelligence to the calendar. Salesforce Inbox Calendar surfaces relevant Salesforce records on every appointment, equipping reps with the context required to get the most out of every meeting.
In today's hyper-connected sales environment, reps are forced to search through an array of disconnected applications—ranging from CRM to social media and email to calendar—to gather all the information they need to progress a deal. In fact, according to a CSO Insights study, sales reps have to search as many as 15 data sources to find relevant information on a single customer or prospect. As a result, reps are spending up to 70 percent of their time on tasks other than selling.
Introducing Salesforce Inbox Calendar—Empowering Reps to Sell Smarter and More Productively Than Ever Before
By extending the power of Salesforce Inbox with calendar, Salesforce is giving reps everything they need in one place to close more deals faster. Salesforce Inbox Calendar intelligently maps relevant Salesforce data to every meeting invite and seamlessly integrates with Salesforce1, allowing reps to update existing records and review past communication right from their mobile calendar. Salesforce Inbox Calendar will enable reps to sell smarter with the following innovations:
- CRM Records on Every Meeting: Now every calendar invite will be enriched with relevant customer data from Salesforce. For example, a rep walking into a meeting with a prospect will be able to open their meeting invite and have the prospect's information, including Salesforce records, past communications and opportunity data associated with the meeting attendees, right at their fingertips.
- New Lightning Sync Integration: With the new Lightning Sync integration, reps will be able to automatically sync every calendar event to Leads and Contacts in Sales Cloud, saving them time on administrative tasks and ensuring that updates are logged in Salesforce in real-time.
- New One-Click Conference Calling: Salesforce Inbox Calendar's one-click conferencing integrates with industry leading conference calling services like GoToMeeting and WebEx. Now a salesperson on the go won't have to toggle back and forth to type in a conference number and the passcode.
- Smarter Workflows—Meeting Notes & Quick Record Creation: With new Meeting Notes, sales reps will be able to easily log a meeting and attach notes directly to the account in Salesforce, right from their calendar. And with Quick Record Creation, sales reps can create an opportunity directly from their calendar, right where they are working.
Comments on the News
- "Today's sales reps live and breathe by their calendars, but their calendars simply aren't designed to help them be productive," said Stephen Ehikian, GM of SalesforceIQ, Salesforce. "Salesforce Inbox Calendar will supercharge sales reps' productivity by intelligently mapping relevant Salesforce data to every meeting invite, allowing reps to spend time connecting with customers and closing deals."
- "Sales reps want to focus more on selling and sales managers want to measure sales performance. Salesforce Inbox has been a complete win-win situation for both our sales reps and managers," said Michel Glezer, COO, Easy Taxi. "SalesforceIQ allows our reps to quickly log their communications straight from their inbox, empowering us to get better data about how we're performing at every step of the customer lifecycle."
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Inbox Calendar will be generally available in October 2016 for no additional cost with a Salesforce Inbox license.
- Salesforce Inbox supports Gmail and Outlook and is generally available at $25 per user, per month for Sales Cloud users on iOS, Android, and Chrome
- To learn more about Salesforce Inbox, please visit: http://www.salesforce.com/sales-cloud/crm-email-connector.jsp
- Read more about the Salesforce Inbox Calendar and Salesforce Inbox Outlook GA news: www.salesforceiq.com/blog/why-every-sales-org-needs-to-get-on-salesforce-inbox
- Become a Dreamforce Trailblazer and take the Get Ready for Dreamforce Trail: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/trail/get_ready_for_dreamforce
Connect with Salesforce
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce and @SalesforceIQ on Twitter
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: http://www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2016 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/introducing-salesforce-inbox-calendar--the-intelligent-calendar-designed-for-salespeople-300313112.html