BOCA RATON, Fla., July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Consumer Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of consumer brands and PetSmart® (NASDAQ: PETM), the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for pets, are proud to unveil the Sunbeam® Pets product line. This line will include categories such as safe and innovative bark control devices, in-ground fencing, remote trainers, heated bedding, and grooming products for both dogs and cats.
Sunbeam® has been a trusted brand for the American family for over 100 years. "We are pleased to present the Sunbeam® brand as a complement to PetSmart and the growing need for safe, innovative and reliable pet products," said Justin Crout, Group Marketing Manager. "With each new product category, we're excited to combine our trusted Sunbeam® brand with a host of innovations and contemporary designs that provide a high degree of performance and value for pets and pet parents."
Sunbeam® Pets branded products began arriving at PetSmart stores in February 2012. This line will extend into multiple categories throughout 2012 and 2013 and is exclusively available at PetSmart stores and at www.petsmart.com.
Pet parents are always looking for safe and effective ways to train their pets. Boasting a unique design and the latest technologies to help deter unwanted barking, the newest in bark control devices are now available.
- Sunbeam® Pets Sonic Egg™ Bark Control Device: Help deter annoying barking anywhere with the Sonic Egg™ bark control device. The Sonic Egg™ automatically detects barking and reacts by emitting a high-pitched ultrasonic sound that only dogs can hear. Weatherproof for use indoors and out - also works great for noisy neighbor dogs.
- Sunbeam® Pets Little Sonic Egg™ Bark Control Device: With a simple press of a button, the hand-held little Sonic Egg™ emits an ultrasonic sound that deters barking or other bad behavior. This safe, pet-friendly device produces a sound that only dogs can hear and it great to use on the go.
- Sunbeam® Pets Advanced Bark Control Collars: These electronic collars automatically detect barking and emit either a static or ultrasonic pulse to help correct unwanted barking. A proprietary technology is used to correctly detect barking and to emit one of three adjustable correction levels during barking.
- Sunbeam® Pets Advanced Remote Trainers: These remote trainers go one step further to allow you to remotely train your dog to help deter barking or other bad behaviors. Includes three adjustable correction levels and is available in static and ultrasonic versions.
- Sunbeam® Pets Essential In-Ground Fence: All-in-one system allows pet parents to establish boundaries and help train their dogs to stay within the safe confines of their yard. Static collar includes 3 adjustable correction levels and wall-mounted transmitter allows the pet parent to determine the boundary size. Comes with a step-by-step guide that makes the setup and training process pain-free and easily understandable.
Four innovative grooming products have been designed to make the daunting process of home-grooming easier, safer and more enjoyable.
- Sunbeam® Pets Happy Dog™ Clipper Kit: Great starter kit provides a quick and easy introduction to home grooming. Lightweight, powerful magnetic motor clipper includes an adjustable blade, 4 guide combs and a step-by-step grooming guide - all in one great value kit.
- Sunbeam® Pets Quiet Dog™ Clipper Kit: This powerful pivot motor clipper kit is the quietest clipper in its class. At only 47 decibels, it's quieter than most refrigerators and offers a great solution for nervous or anxious dogs during the grooming process.
- Sunbeam® Pets Turbo Dog™ Clipper Kit: Premium cordless version provides a powerful Turbo feature for extra power on demand for heavy and matted coats. Runs at speeds up to 5400 rpms. Can also be used corded or cordless for ultimate versatility.
- Sunbeam® Pets Lighted Nail Trimmer: Groom nails safely and gently with a 2-speed cordless nail trimmer that includes built-in LED lights that brightly illuminate the nail during trimming. Removable safety guard also helps prevent trimming too close and captures filings for less mess.
As a leader in headed bedding, it just makes sense to also have trusted Sunbeam® Pets heated bedding products. Soothing comfort and warmth for both dogs and cats.
- Sunbeam® Pets Universal Bed Warmer and Warming Pet Pads have been designed to provide soothing comfort and warmth just like their pet parents have received from the Sunbeam® bedding line.
Learn more about this product line at www.SunbeamPets.com.
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 100 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Aero®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Volkl® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex® and Tigex®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden ranks #379 on the Fortune 500 and has over 23,000 employees worldwide. For in-depth information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.
PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 50,000 associates and operates more than 1,232 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, over 192 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (http://www.petsmart.com). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp(SM) day care services and pet adoption services. Since 1994, PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare organization and the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, has provided more than $165 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare organizations. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of nearly 5 million pets.
Erin Terjesen 602.625.2871
SOURCE Jarden Consumer Solutions