NEW YORK, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Investment Advisor and Prima Capital have recognized seven portfolio managers and their respective teams as winners of the 2011 Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) Awards.
To be eligible for the award a firm must have at least $200 million in assets, a lead-manager with tenure of three years or more and wide distribution to investment advisors and wealth managers. Winning submissions were chosen based on firm quality, depth of resources, level of client service and customization, tax efficiency, and performance. Data was based on year-end 2010 statistics.
- Cornerstone Investment Partners, LLC – Concentrated Equity, run by CIO John Campbell and team.
- Wedgewood Partners, Inc. – Large Cap Focused Growth, run by CIO David Rolfe and team.
- Denver Investment Advisors – Concentrated Mid Cap Growth, Partner & Co-Director Mitch Begun and team.
- The London Company – Small Cap Core, run by Managing Director Stephen Goddard and team.
- Thomas White International, Ltd. – International ADR, run by Thomas White and team.
- Sage Advisory Services – Intermediate Fixed Income, run by CIO Bob Smith and Mark McQueen.
- Forward Uniplan Advisors, Inc. – Uniplan REIT Portfolio, run by Rick Imperiale.
"Our recognition of these top money management teams in the managed account space reflects their history of success over market cycles, not just over the last year," said Investment Advisor Editor-in-Chief John Sullivan. "We are excited to be able to share the portfolio building strategies of these top-tier managers with our readers."
The SMA Managers of the Year will constitute the center-piece of AdvisorOne.com's Special Report for the month of April, in which the editors of AdvisorOne will focus on the top SMA managers' investing process and how SMAs are used in client portfolios. Coverage will include exclusive video interviews with Prima's corps of research analysts discussing trends in SMA asset classes and the leading managers in each class.
About Investment Advisor Magazine
With a circulation of 110,000, Investment Advisor is now in its 31st year of serving independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners through its monthly magazine and online at AdvisorOne.com. They are part of the Investment Advisor Group of Summit Business Media, LLC, which includes Research magazine and AdvisorBiz.com. Summit Business Media is the leading B2B media company serving the insurance and investment markets.
About Prima Capital
Prima Capital, a Matrix Financial Solutions, Inc. and Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. affiliate company, is a leading provider of due diligence, research applications, asset allocation modeling, and multi-manager portfolios to the wealth management and retirement industries. For more information, visit www.primacapital.com.
SOURCE Investment Advisor