NEW YORK, Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Law Offices of Vincent Wong are investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. (NasdaqCM: PEOP) ("Peoples Federal") in connection with the sale of the Company to Independent Bank Corp. (Nasdaq: INDB).
Click here to learn about the case: http://docs.wongesq.com/PEOP-Info-Request-Form-358. There is no cost or obligation to you.
Under the terms of the transaction, 60% of Peoples Federal outstanding shares will be exchanged for Independent shares at a fixed ratio of 0.5523 per Peoples Federal share, with the remaining 40% exchanged for $21.00 per share in cash. The investigation concerns whether the Board of Peoples Federal breached their fiduciary duty to stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before agreeing to enter into this transaction, and whether Independent Bank Corp. is underpaying for Peoples Federal shares.
If you own common stock in Peoples Federal and wish to obtain additional information, please contact Vincent Wong, Esq. either via email [email protected], by telephone at 212.425.1140, or visit http://docs.wongesq.com/PEOP-Info-Request-Form-358.
Vincent Wong, Esq. is an experienced attorney that has represented investors in securities litigations involving financial fraud and violations of shareholder rights. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Vincent Wong, Esq.
39 East Broadway
New York, NY 10002
E-Mail: [email protected]
SOURCE The Law Offices of Vincent Wong