FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., March 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Investors whose brokers recommended investments in non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs) for "high income and safety" but instead lost money, may have a claim for recovery against their brokers.
If your broker recommended the purchase of Non-Traded REITs and you lost money, you may want to discuss your legal rights with the law firm of Mark A. Tepper, P.A.
IF YOU SUFFERED LOSSES IN THE FOLLOWING OR SIMILAR INVESTMENTS YOU MAY HAVE A CLAIM FOR RECOVERY FROM YOUR BROKER:
- KBS Real Estate Investment Trust Inc
- Passco Real Estate Enterprises Inc
- American Realty Capital REIT
- American Realty Capital Trust IV
- Hines Global REIT
Mr. Tepper, the former Chief Trial Counsel at the New York Attorney General's Bureau of Investor Protection and Securities has produced a "Top 5 list of things investors should know about Non-Exchange Traded REITs".
- Investors could have losses they don't know about because financial statements typically reflect the initial purchase price for non-traded REITs, not their current value;
- Retirees could find them difficult to sell when needed because they are illiquid investments and therefore difficult to value;
- As unregistered securities they are not subject to the same rules as regulated investments;
- High fees to "get in" and high fees to "get out"; and
- Such investments are unsuitable for unqualified or unsophisticated investors.
To discuss your legal rights with the law firm of Mark A. Tepper P.A., you can email attorney Mark A. Tepper at email@example.com or telephone the law firm at 954-961-0096.
According to recent announcements by a number of State Securities Departments, Boston-based brokerage firm LPL Financial, has agreed to remediate losses for all non-traded REITs sold by the firm from January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2013 in violation of prospectus standards, state concentration limits or LPL's own guidelines.
About Mark A. Tepper, P.A. (www.MarkTepper.com)
Attorney Mark A. Tepper has earned the reputation of "Investor Advocate" while practicing law for over 35 years representing individual investors. A member of the Florida, New York and California Bars, Mr. Tepper is peer-reviewed for 15 consecutive years, AV PREEMINENT® for ethical standards and legal ability, the highest rating of lawyers in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Mark Hopkinson, NewsMark Public Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/investors-may-have-a-claim-for-recovery-if-brokers-recommended-non-traded-reits-for-high-income-and-safety-300235118.html
SOURCE Mark A. Tepper, P.A.