LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, more than 275 national and local retailers have officially joined the "Opt Outside" movement, encouraging people to opt out of fighting the holiday crowds in lieu of getting outside and spending time with family and friends. But what about all of those great deals? They're still there – just online. Clothing and technology have typically been the biggest industries to see holiday purchases online, but with more people expected to buy items online this year1, even luxury goods and fine jewelry retailers anticipate seeing an increase in online purchases.
"Historically, there has been some hesitation from customers when they are making big purchases online, especially jewelry. We have now reached an inflection point where people trust online stores more than their offline retail counterparts due to customer reviews and Better Business Bureau ratings. This year, online shopping growth is projected to far outpace traditional retail, and all industries are poised for growth," says Angara.com's CEO, Ankur Daga. "We created a model that takes the guesswork out of buying a high-quality piece of jewelry, customized to your taste and shipped in as little as 24 hours – all from the comfort of your home."
Online jeweler, Angara.com, is leading the charge by pairing years of jewelry craftsmanship and gemstone knowledge with an easy-to-use online platform that enables people to easily create customized jewelry for every style and budget. Many jewelers will let customers choose the size, color and metal, but Angara.com utilizes a unique model to offer the best value for fine gemstones. Each stone is available in 4 different qualities – Good, Better, Best and Heirloom – so any piece can be truly customized to your taste.
This holiday season, Angara.com is sharing the latest jewelry gifting trends as well as a look ahead for what purchases will be popular in 2017:
2016 Holiday Season Best-Sellers:
- Morganite: The beautiful subtle peach-pink gemstone (think rosé in color), is emerging as the hottest stone for jewelry this fall and winter, primarily due to Rose Quartz being the Pantone color of the year for 2016.
- Classics: Always-in-style, Akoya pearls paired with rose gold are trending way up, and you will also see classic emeralds making a real push this year.
- Stackable Rings: This trend has been catching on over the past few years and it's showing no signs of slowing down, especially for gifting. This year Angara.com expects the hot colors to be rich reds, shades of blue, and pops of citrus.
2017 Gemstone Trends:
- Blue Sapphires and Tanzanite: The 2017 Spring Pantone colors are out, and three of the top 10 colors are shades of blue. Angara.com anticipates blue gemstones to be very popular starting this holiday season and beyond, and pairing jewelry with the Pantone colors and Color of the Year will ensure you're always on-trend.
- Shop till you DROP: 2017 will be the year of dangling decor and shimmering stones – drop earrings are the perfect fashionable complement to an evening dress, and can take any business-casual outfit from day to night.
Angara.com offers a wide variety of rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets, gemstones and diamonds in all of the latest trends. Whether choosing from existing styles, or customizing with a few easy clicks, all pieces are shipped in as little as 24 hours – perfect for those last minute shoppers.
Founded by Ankur and Aditi Daga, Angara.com is a US-based fine jewelry eCommerce retailer that specializes in customized jewelry and gemstones. Their family has been in the fine gemstone business for generations and has deep roots in gemstone cutting, polishing and design. They have primarily catered to larger retailers around the world, specializing in sapphires, rubies, emeralds, tanzanites, diamonds and other precious gemstones, but in 2005 Ankur and Aditi decided to bring their family heritage and gemstone jewelry directly to the public with the launch of Angara.com.
1 (Fortune.com, 2016)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/is-foregoing-black-friday-mall-shopping-the-new-thanksgiving-tradition-300351724.html