LOS ANGELES, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- iSCOUT is a portable Head-Up Display Unit (HUD) which is connected wirelessly to your mobile device and displays information on the car windshield - allowing the driver to remain connected on the move, without having to take his eyes off the road.
iSCOUT is a patent pending display that projects all the information required for driving such as car speed, fuel level, GPS navigation as a floating virtual image in front of the vehicle. Further, it syncs to your smartphone and displays incoming calls, messages, reminders, social media content and other notifications along with several other features such as blind-spot view and an integrated dashcam.
The idea of a HUD is to make driving safer. The driver will not have to take his eye off the road to get any of the information he/she needs.
Recent research shows that it takes lesser time for a driver to get this information from a HUD as opposed to looking at a conventional display (phone screen/GPS device) as it takes considerably lesser time for the eye to shift focus from the road to the display and back. This ensures that the driver's attention is on the road and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
iSCOUT is a ready-to-use HUD that can be placed on the dashboard of any car and it projects information on a small screen in the device. Users would be able to connect their smartphones to iSCOUT wirelessly (via bluetooth) and navigate through the device using a mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS. iSCOUT is also connected to the car through the vehicle's OBDII port.
iSCOUT comes loaded with the following features.
- It has built in GPS for navigation. As it is able to track your location, iSCOUT displays the speed limit of the road which you are on and immediately warns you if you are exceeding the limit.
- Capable of receiving notifications from your phone. Along with accepting/rejecting incoming calls, the driver would be able to pick their choice of apps and enjoy access to Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify etc. on the road, safely.
- iSCOUT has a Dashcam for recording and storing footage in its inbuilt memory and its inbuilt GSM module allows you to upload those recordings directly to the cloud.
- The unique blind-spot cameras on iSCOUT give live feed of the left and right blind-spots of the car and it gets activated when the respective indicator in the car is turned on.
Blind-spot views on the HUD would further reduce the frequency of head movements and hence the driver would be able to focus solely on the road ahead.
- As iSCOUT is connected to your car's OBDII port, which would display information regarding the vehicle condition like speed, fuel level, warning lights, etc. It also helps to decode error codes to explain the issue in a more simplified manner.
- Another unique feature is the photochromic combiner which is sensitive to ambient light and darkens when exposed to bright sunlight, ensuring good visibility for the display. Hence the driver doesn't have to worry about the screen visibility even on a sunny day.
- Users can interact with the device using simple touchless hand gesture controls (left, right, up, down movement) or via voice commands to ensure distraction-free driving. iSCOUT also comes with a steering mounted remote control as an add-on accessory.
iSCOUT is available in 2 creative designs, Platinum and Ray, which suits different car interiors. Each design has a standard and premium version - The premium version comes with the unique left and right blind-spot cameras as an additional, integrated feature.
In-car HUDs are available as an add-on feature several luxury car makers like BMW, Audi etc. iSCOUT gives you the freedom to bring this luxury to your favorite car along with several additional features, making driving smarter, safer and distraction-free.
Spade Corp is initiating its crowd-funding campaign on Kickstarter on May 23 , 2016. iSCOUT is available at a discount during the pre-order phase (USD 300 - Premium models | USD 270 for Standard models)with the targeted delivery on thanksgiving 2016.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/iscouts-head-up-display-hud-product-launch-from-spade-corp-300267830.html
SOURCE Spade Corp