CARMEL, Ind., Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Students at the ITT Technical Institutes throughout the United States had the opportunity to visit and meet with approximately 2,900 employers, elected officials and other dignitaries on campus in 2015.
"Our campuses are often hubs for employer activities and STEM-related (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) initiatives that allow students to discover all that ITT Tech has to offer," said Gene Feichtner, president and chief operating officer of ITT Educational Services, Inc.
ITT Tech campuses in 2015 hosted:
- 2,658 national, regional and local employers
- 2,719 visitors attending an employer, professional or community event
- 3,744 high school students and administrators for STEM presentations
- 866 graduates who returned to campuses as guest speakers or for alumni events
- 232 elected officials or their staff
- 364 community events were held on campus, such as blood drives for the American Red Cross and events for the Boys and Girls Scouts of America
- 267 professional groups held events on campus, such as the Association of Information Technology Professionals and Information Systems Security Association
- 88 employment preparation events with employers were hosted to prepare graduates for their employment searches
"ITT Tech's engagement with local communities is well documented," said Feichtner. "We understand the importance of contributing to the geographic areas in which we're located as well as encouraging community service amongst our students."
With the competition for STEM workers also increasing, many of the campus activities and academic offerings at ITT Tech will continue to be focused on STEM.
Of the six schools of study and dozens of programs offered at ITT Tech campuses, approximately 90 percent of students are currently enrolled in STEM-related fields of study.
About ITT Educational Services, Inc.
ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE: ESI) provides technology-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its accredited postsecondary institutions, ITT Technical Institutes and Daniel Webster College, to help students develop skills and knowledge that they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. It owns and operates more than 130 ITT Technical Institutes and Daniel Webster College. ITT/ESI serves approximately 48,000 students as of September 30, 2015 at its campuses in 39 states and online. Through the Center for Professional Development @ ITT Technical Institute, ITT/ESI provides short-term information technology and business learning solutions for career advancers and other professionals. Headquartered in Carmel, IN, ITT/ESI has been actively involved in the higher education community since 1969 and can be found online at www.ittesi.com.
SOURCE ITT Educational Services, Inc.