ALEXANDRIA, Va., Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Wednesday August 23, 2017, Ivan Raiklin of Alexandria, VA will kick-off his 1776 mile run around the Commonwealth of Virginia. The run will commence at the Mount Vernon Trail at Mount Vernon Estate Parking Lot. The site opens at 6:30am. Ivan Raiklin will have remarks at 7:00am and start running shortly after. Public & Press are invited to attend and participate.
The run will be structured as an 81-day run. 22 miles per day. Two 11-mile segments per day. Ivan Raiklin will visit all 95 counties and 38 independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The goal of this run is four-fold:
- Bring awareness to the ~22 veterans on average who commit suicide daily
- Raise funds for the following charities on the frontlines of fighting this epidemic:
Green Beret Foundation
Task Force Dagger Foundation
Special Operations Warrior Foundation
Victory 4 Veterans
Wounded Warrior Project
- Promote exercise and healthy living as a means of managing stress, mental health, and even increasing mental performance.
- Test the Waters for a 2018 US Senate Run. If Ivan Raiklin can complete the 1776-mile run, if he can raise half a million dollars for the Veterans' Charities, and if the people of Virginia give their support to help him launch a strong and inclusive campaign then he will answer their call.
Everyone is invited to join Ivan Raiklin by running a segment with him and following him every day on social media. Find where Ivan will be on his calendar at: www.runwithraiklin.com
- Website: www.runwithraiklin.com
- Social Media Hashtag: #RunWithRaiklin
- Media Email: email@example.com
- Video footage available as available.
- Ivan Raiklin Bio available upon request.
- Ivan Raiklin available for interviews in the following order:
- In Person
- Email Questions
To pay tribute to the country that Ivan Raiklin loves.
Twenty-two veterans commit suicide every day. While this number is in dispute, Ivan Raiklin took the highest published number out there to ensure you could see that he is am committed. We owe a national debt to helping each suffering veteran and the first step is awareness.
Why the August 23 start date?
On this day in 1775, King George III of Great Britain finally took the American Revolution seriously. He issued the Proclamation of Rebellion that declared elements of the American colonies in a state of rebellion. Let August 23, 2017 mark the day that this Veterans' Mental Health Crisis is taken seriously and the day we proclaim our own rebellion against veteran suicide. Ivan's run begins at George Washington's home at Mount Vernon along the Mount Vernon Trail at 6:30am.
Why the November 11 end date?
It's Veterans Day! Ivan Raiklin will complete his run at Arlington National Cemetery where he will visit our fallen American soldiers and his son, Theodore. It is his hope to honor the vets and his son with his campaign against veteran suicide.
SOURCE Ivan Raiklin for US Senate Exploratory Committee