MIAMI, Oct. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The IX Latin American Leasing Conference will explore industry trends and attract equipment leasing and finance professionals from Latin America, North America and Europe Nov. 17-18, 2011, at the Hotel Intercontinental Doral in Miami. The conference is sponsored by The Alta Group Latin American Region (LAR), with simultaneous English/Spanish translation provided.
Rafael Castillo-Triana, CEO of The Alta Group LAR, said industry leaders and Alta professionals will discuss specific challenges and opportunities in the marketplace, with emphasis on innovation. "Latin America's leasing industry has been affected by the contraction of the global economy and regulatory issues, but overall by the structural changes in technology and global economy. While it is one of the world's fastest growing equipment leasing and finance regions, it still leaves huge underexploited opportunities to invest in energy, transportation and telecommunications, and to innovate," Castillo-Triana explained.
Topics will include the following:
- An Overview of the State of the Industry in Latin America
- The Future of the Leasing Industry in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Peru and Central America, from the perspective of the practitioners
- Changes in the Market, Driven by Innovation, Regulatory Challenges, Asset Management, Consolidation and Funding Challenges
- Innovation in Information Technology: Financing Software, Cloud Computing and Cyber-Government
- Energy Leasing (Renewable and Non-Renewable)
- Innovation in Leasing for Transportation
- Airplane and Railroad Leasing
- Accounting Convergence: New Standards
- Impact of Basel III and Capital Markets on Funding Leasing Companies
- Vendor Programs, Residual Value Risks and Other Challenges
Professionals attending the conference will include leasing experts, consultants, funding sources, equipment manufacturers and vendors.
Click here for conference information including brochures in English, Spanish and Portuguese, hotel and conference registration forms and a list of sponsorship opportunities. The URL is http://thealtagroup.com/latin-america/news-articles/annual-latin-american-leasing-conference. Or contact Katrin Forster, associate of The Alta Group LAR, at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 954-632-0922.
About The Alta Group
The Alta Group is the equipment leasing and finance industry’s preeminent global consultancy, offering clients the unique combination of experience, expertise and executable counsel. For more information, visit www.thealtagroup.com.
SOURCE The Alta Group Latin American Region