LONDON, January 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Recently appointed Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said that a 'revolution in primary care' is the only way to improve health services in the NHS.
Speaking exclusively to the ITN Healthcare Channel, he pointed to an ageing population as one of the primary reasons why change needs to happen sooner rather than later.
'We're more committed than ever to clinical commissioning for the really important shift that we need in the NHS and we know that best decisions on the ground are made by doctors and nurses who are closest to their patients.'
Mr Hunt also added that to deliver the plans outlined in the Health and Social Care Bill, the government needed focus on 'the three I's'.
'Integration is going to happen. Secondly innovation, we're going to tap into ideas from people on the front line to crack problems that have been around for years. The third is IT, the IT revolution has yet to touch the NHS. It's about better experiences for patients.
To see the full interviews and more exclusive content from the industry's leading organisations please visit the ITN Healthcare News channel: http://www.healthcarenews.itn.co.uk
Healthcare News from ITN Productions includes reports about:
- Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, talks about taking on the mantle from his predecessor and his commitment to revolutionising primary care
- Responding to the specific needs of the local population the thinking of NHS Stoke on Trent CCG
- Industry-leading care for the elderly in Bath and North East Somerset from Sirona Care
- Investing millions: Raising the standard of care from the UK's largest mental health charity - St Andrew's Health Care
- Wiltshire-based nutrition experts Nutricia leading the way in helping the NHS beat malnutrition
- The latest research backed by Solutions4Health is allowing 3 million people to feel the benefits of telehealth
- Innovative thinking from Mead Johnson means that babies with milk allergies are getting the nutrients they need
- Trailblazing NHS Leicester City CCG are setting up unique private sector relations to ensure elderly patients retain their independence for longer
- It's five months to go before NHS Kernow take charge of their area and they're already thinking getting to grips with a new form of commissioning
- The Department of Health are encouraging private and public sectors to work together in providing the best range of care
- Expert advice from Neurological Commissioning Support is helping commissioners understand the neurological care
- A collaboration headed up by pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca - is ensuring patients get the right medication programme - and that they stick to it
- Bridging the gap: Outsourcing specialist Apodi is enabling the NHS and the private sector to work together
- One of the world's leading suppliers of healthcare products Henry Schein is now offering new training and education services
- A new generation of local health centres designed by Assura Group is improving the patient experience
- Strength in numbers: Chorley and South Ribble CCG and Greater Preston CCG bringing services closer to home
- Derbyshire Health United is the first Out Of Hours provider to be integrated with the non-emergency 111 service.
- Get patients involved with public health, says engagement expert
- Dixon: Clinicians must drive through health reforms
- Dr Amit Bhargava explains how new CCGs can provide a fully integrated service
- Dame Barbara Hakin recalls her highlights on the road to a new era of commissioning in the NHS
Healthcare News is the latest industry channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
Healthcare News enquiries: Duncan Gunstone, Head of Corporate Production, ITN Productions
Tel: +44(0)20-7430-4546 or email: Duncan.firstname.lastname@example.org
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the NHS Alliance: NHS Alliance uniquely brings together clinicians of every kind, and managers and patients. It also brings together providers in primary care - whether they be general practice, NHS Trust, social enterprise or independent - all with a mission to improve and do their very best for each and every patient. Its strong values over the past fifteen years have given it the ear of government, while its tireless work in patient and public involvement has provided a voice for patients.
SOURCE ITN Productions & NHS Alliance