NEW YORK, January 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc., (OTCQB: JMDA) (the "Company" or "Jerrick"), a digital media and technology company, announced today the launch of two new verticals, The Swamp and Proof, to be added to its proprietary long-form social platform Vocal.
Vocal is a content distribution platform and publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery spanning verticals in health, sexuality, science fiction, the workplace, pop culture, and more. Aimed at connecting thoughtful and original articles with communities passionate about these topics, Vocal leverages the power of specific and dedicated audiences with a nascent content creation engine, and effective monetization.
The Swamp is a community exploring the murky waters of politics, while Proof encompasses every aspect of wine, spirits, beer and the like. Both will have Jerrick's signature combination of quality articles, videos and photographs; Vocal users are now able to contribute to both of these new communities. These two new additions to the Vocal network come one month after the launch of Beat and Feast, music and food sites.
Jeremy Frommer, CEO, said, "Part of the excitement around our Vocal platform is how quickly we're able to respond to audiences' interests and desires. Our rapidly growing community of content creators has already submitted pieces on politics and alcohol, with many more subjects to come. Following the release of the Vocal technology on November 30th, 2016, the network has experienced over one million sessions, setting a record for the new Vocal network."
Ten verticals now run on Vocal, each of which are built upon a storied history in the media landscape:
- The Swamp - The Swamp examines the crazy but true world of Politics. Discover the voice of the people.
- Proof - From happy hour to the top shelf, Proof has a drink for everyone. Choose your poison.
- OMNI - OMNI is the intersection of science, science fiction, technology, art, culture, design, and metaphysics.
- Geeks - Geeks dives into the storied worlds of comic cons, video games, movies, comic books and TV.
- Beat - From obscure instruments to memorable soundtracks to ever-shifting tastes, Beat is the guiding track to all things music.
- Feast - Whether it's your favorite part of the day or fuel for your car, our relationship with food is a daily, complicated affair. Let the Feast begin.
- Longevity - Longevity presents the new frontiers of health and wellness; everything a person needs to live a strong and healthy life.
- Journal - We spend one third of our lives thinking about it, stressing about it, talking about it, and doing it. Journal is everything work-related.
- Filthy - In the world of sexuality, Filthy has something for everyone. A vintage erotica vibe with a contemporary artistic perspective.
- Potent - Potent explores the fastest growing industry in America: cannabis culture and marijuana lifestyle.
For more information, visit https://vocal.media/
Vocal is a digital media platform and publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery. Proprietary to Jerrick, Vocal aims to connect thoughtful and original article content with effective monetization. Vocal was born out of a desire to bring rich quality content of the past into a contemporary digital forum that is widely accessible. Vocal's growing digital ecosystem currently has 10 verticals, including sexuality, science, the workplace, pop culture, health/wellness, and cannabis.
Jerrick is a digital media and technology company focused on the development and marketing of branded digital content and e-commerce properties, producing and distributing premium digital media across multiple platforms for targeted demographics. The portfolio of brands is delivered through Vocal, its proprietary technology and content distribution platform. All verticals are overseen by a dedicated team and ideology, focusing primarily on revenue conversion as the premise behind all published material. Vintage publications are contemporized for a new audience. All content is meant to challenge, inspire, and enlighten.
For press inquiries contact [email protected]
Any statements that are not historical facts and that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, indicated through the use of words or phrases such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intends," "plans," "believes" and "projects") may be forward-looking and may involve estimates and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. We caution that the factors described herein could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements we make and that investors should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made, and we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of such factors. Further, we cannot assess the impact of each such factor on our results of operations or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements. This press release is qualified in its entirety by the cautionary statements and risk factor disclosure contained in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Vivian Cervantes, Managing Director
PCG Advisory Group
SOURCE Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc.