HOBOKEN, N.J., Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Jet relaunched its brand to offer consumers a tailored site experience, unique assortment of local and leading brands as well as differentiated service to serve their online shopping needs. The effort signals the beginning of Jet's strategy to rehumanize eCommerce and focus on customers in major metro cities, making everyday shopping relevant, enjoyable and convenient. The experience provides a more intentional catalog that is personalized and relevant to city consumers' shopping preferences across Grocery, Home, Fashion, Beauty and Electronics.
"I am so excited to relaunch Jet to consumers today," said Simon Belsham, president of Jet. "As a retailer, we must build experiences that customers love and trust, backed by strong values. For Jet, this means offering a more tailored shopping experience combined with a unique assortment of great brands in a way that brings empathy back into eCommerce. This is only the beginning for Jet."
"I'm personally thrilled with this evolution of Jet. It's the next generation of shopping for city dwellers, and really brings the personality of their city and local favorites to life," said Marc Lore, Jet founder, and president and CEO of Walmart eCommerce US. "And, focusing Jet on customers in the major metro cities perfectly complements our overall eCommerce portfolio strategy."
Tailoring the Customer & Site Experience
Jet will offer a humanized shopping experience designed to inspire shoppers and reduce the time required to solve every day living needs. The experience includes:
- Localization. Jet shares in consumers' emotional connections with their community and will reflect that in the content and assortment consumers see. Starting with New York and rolling out to other major cities in time, shoppers viewing the site will be greeted with iconic, localized imagery and messages on the home page and throughout the site.
- Personalization & Voice Activation. Smarter product recommendations that prioritize shoppers' preferences and timely re-order suggestions that predict needs to restock will provide more intelligent personalization. Additionally, iOS consumers will be able to use voice activation to build shopping lists on Jet's mobile application (e.g. Siri, add bananas to my grocery list).
- Tailored Shopping Experiences. The way consumers shop for food is fundamentally different than the way they shop for furniture or fashion. Recognizing that shopping behaviors and needs shift across categories, Jet will offer intentionally designed experiences that will flex to accommodate shopping preferences.
Introducing Jet's City Grocery Experience
Jet will be offering consumers a complete grocery service through its city grocery experience. Via Jet's Bronx Fulfillment center, which will be completed this fall, consumers will have access to:
- 3-Hour Scheduled Same-Day & Next Day Delivery Windows. Exclusively through Parcel, the tech-enabled same-day and last-mile delivery company acquired by Walmart in 2017, most New York City consumers will be able to arrange 3-hour scheduled delivery windows for their groceries, everyday essentials and other select merchandise to be delivered to their homes.
- Iconic New York Local Brands & Small Businesses. Focusing on and supporting local and small businesses, Jet has partnered with iconic New York-based brands from Bedford Cheese Shop, Pat LaFrieda meats, and Orwashers Bakery, as well as great local favorites such as Big Gay Ice Cream and small businesses such as Just Bagels.
- Local & Craft Beer Delivery. New Yorkers will be able to order craft, ultra-craft, domestic and premium imported beer online, receiving same-day and next-day delivery in the coming months.
- Customized Delivery Options. Upon checkout, consumers will be able to add customized delivery instructions (e.g. "leave the package with the doorman") allowing for more convenient delivery accommodations.
- Freshness Guaranteed. Grocery deliveries will arrive in recyclable, insulated bags to ensure quality and freshness for up to three hours. The bags offer convenience and portability for city consumers from front door to fridge.
Curating a Unique Assortment & Announcing a Strategic Partnership with Nike
Through a highly curated assortment of local and leading brands, along with select strategic partnerships, consumers will have access to and choice over the brands they want and need. Come October, Jet and Nike will be entering into a strategic partnership to create a curated and consumer centric experience, offering consumers Nike and Converse products in a fully branded experience. The initial assortment will include hundreds of products across apparel, footwear and accessories for men, women and children, including essentials for running, training and sportswear.
Telling the Story of City Shopping Carts
Jet launched "Our Carts are Different Here" campaign, created in partnership with Pereira O'Dell New York, to underscore Jet's importance to the lives of city-dwellers by telling their authentic human stories. Campaign elements include TV, OOH, audio, digital, and social.
The campaign tells the story of the Jet audience through two distinct lenses, both representative of their unique shopping needs. In video and audio, Jet celebrates heroes in uniquely city environments, and the OOH and digital elements use striking visuals to tell a similar story with products.
Launched in 2015 and acquired by Walmart for $3.3B in 2016, Jet is the shopping destination for city consumers. With a tailored experience, unique assortment and differentiated service offered across key categories of Grocery, Home, Fashion, Beauty and Electronics, most consumers can receive scheduled same-day and next-day delivery of local and leading brands, getting all of their shopping essentials in one place. For more information, visit www.jet.com.