BOSTON, Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jet Networks, Inc., today introduced Jet.me, the first chat platform designed especially for kids. Chat, photo-sharing and messaging apps are growing at an exponential rate and are fast becoming the new on-ramps to the digital world. Until Jet, finding a service that welcomes users under 13 -- the first mobile-first generation -- and connects them to the things they love has been a challenge. Jet was created to give kids a fun and private place to connect with their friends and explore the world.
Jet.me differs from other chat apps in three important ways. First, it combines messaging and sharing in a single app, allowing users to connect with friends through text, photos, videos, stickers, moods and more. Second, Jet is more private, allowing only approved friends to see posts and never exposing real names publicly. Finally, Jet is COPPA compliant, which means that for the first time on a mainstream platform, kids under 13 can join and connect to brands, causes and celebrities interested in engaging the most curious, creative and open-minded consumers on the planet.
"Jet is a new door to the digital world based on what kids want - in a place they feel they belong," said Jenny Mirken, CEO and founder of Jet.me. "Kids want in! In fact, they are the first, mobile-first generation. They have devices, they have access, now we have to serve them better with content that matches who they are and what they love."
Why Kids Will Love Jet.me
- They will love that Jet lets them be themselves and share content and messages with their real friends.
- They will love Jet's clean and colorful design.
- They will love that Jet is more private and they control who sees their content, which makes them more confident about sharing.
- They will love that Jet is free to download and free to use.
- They will love that Jet lets them choose which brands, causes and celebrities they want to connect to, and works hard to deliver exclusive, awesome content made just for them.
- They will love that Jet is about more than likes and friends, it brings together ideas and people that help kids discover new things, follow their passions and create bigger lives.
- They will love that Jet really listens to them and builds features to inspire, motivate, entertain and challenge them.
Why Families Will Love Jet.me
- Profiles Are Protected. On Jet, only approved friends can see posts or send messages. These simple rules help users feel more confident about what they share.
- No Auto-Populated Search. To add a friend on Jet, you must know their exact Jet username, which means you likely know that person in real life. Additionally, all friend requests include the sender's real name.
- Personal Data Stays Private. Personal data -- including profile photos -- are never displayed publicly on Jet.
- Jet is Kid Friendly and Parent Aware. Jet complies with COPPA, federal legislation designed to help protect kids. Jet Parent, a companion app to Jet.me, lets parents connect to their child and approve friends through a first-of-its-kind approach. Parents get peace of mind and kids get the experience they crave.
Why Brands, Causes and Celebrities Will Love Jet.me
Jet is the most effective place to connect directly to a U13 audience. For the many brands, celebrities and organizations who want to reach kids (an estimated $1.2 trillion market), Jet is the only one that delivers a verified, opt-in audience and actionable analytics.
"Jenny and her team launched Jet to fill a huge, underserved market and make messaging and sharing fun for a generation that is mobile-first. Until now, there was no single platform where kids under 13 can connect, share, inspire and discover what they love with each other," said Paula Kaplan, a former 20-year veteran at Nickelodeon and Jet advisory board member.
Jet.me is a chat platform where kids under 13 connect with the friends, brands, causes and celebrities that mean the most to them. Through authentic, creative and age-appropriate interactions, Jet users are building bigger lives that lead this mobile-first generation to create a more exciting future. Jet is the only COPPA compliant platform dedicated to providing U13s with a place where they can securely be themselves, have fun and discover the world. Jet is based in Boston and is seeking Series A funding.
CEO and Founder
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Jet Networks, Inc.