NEW YORK, June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetsetter.com, the leading members-only travel site, today launched Personal Travel Planning, a service that provides travelers a personal consultation with one of the 200+ experienced travel writers who serve as Jetsetter's correspondents. Members are paired with a correspondent who fits their interests and personality. The correspondent constructs an itinerary based on the client's individual expectations and Jetsetter makes bookings on the member's behalf.
"When planning a trip, there's no substitute for a conversation with a well-traveled friend, and Jetsetter can now make that possible for every destination and type of trip imaginable," said Drew Patterson, Jetsetter Founder and CEO. "Wading through the overwhelming volume of questionable travel content on the Web can make planning a vacation feel like a chore. Jetsetter's correspondents travel for a living, so they can navigate the clutter and provide travelers with the insider knowledge that makes for memorable experiences."
The Personal Travel Planning service costs $200, and includes three hours of consulting and planning with the correspondent, a detailed summary of recommendations and unlimited time with a Jetsetter Booking Specialist. Travelers booking through Jetsetter will receive a $100 refund toward their trip. The service is open to non-members and includes Jetsetter membership.
Meet Jetsetter's Correspondents
Personal Travel Planning is unique because correspondents make their living traveling the world and contributing to outlets such as Conde Nast Traveler, Fodor's Guidebooks, Travel + Leisure and Vogue. Correspondents are based around the globe and are often providing insider tips on restaurants and sites located right outside their door.
The service features writers like award-winning journalist Paul Rubio. Paul has been traveling the world since he finished a double Masters at Harvard at the age of 22. In the past 11 years, he has lived and worked in practically every continent and traveled to 75 countries for outlets such as Ocean Home, Weddings Illustrated, Palm Beach Illustrated, Fodor's Guidebooks, and of course, Jetsetter. Meet Paul and other experts, as well as review real itineraries planned by Jetsetter Experts, at http://www.jetsetter.com/advice.
From Honeymoon to Bucket List Trip
Since beta testing started in November 2010, Jetsetter's Personal Travel Planning has researched and booked more than 215 vacations for members. Examples of trips planned include:
- Around the World in 70 Days: In honor of a 60th birthday, a family trip around the globe, divided into two five-week excursions to the East and the West. The East itinerary included a cruise along Australia's Kimberly Coast and a tour of Asia with stops in Hong Kong, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.
- The Ultimate Southeast Asia Honeymoon: The journey began in Hanoi with an excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage Site Halong Bay, then moved on to Cambodia and the temples of Siem Reap. In Bangkok, the Chatuchak Market and a "Khlong" Canal tour with hotel stays at Hotel de la Paix and the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.
- Family Vacation Off-The-Beaten Path: For a frequent business traveler to San Francisco, Jetsetter put together a list of off-the-beaten path activities. Insider spots such as the planetarium at the Academy of Sciences, a large-scale camera obscura behind the Cliff House Restaurant, and a seaplane tour were big hits with a family who thought they'd seen it all.
- GLBT Trip through Alaska: A seven-day graduation trip included GLBT-friendly bed-and-breakfasts (such as the Copper Whale Inn and the Alaska Wildflower Inn) and nightlife spots around Anchorage. Jetsetter identified restaurants like the Snow City Cafe for omelets stuffed with Alaskan Dungeness crab and side trips along the Seward Highway.
- Czech Republic and Germany by Train: Jetsetter enhanced a train trip through the Czech Republic and Germany with insider recommendations for restaurants and must-see sites along the way. A few from his short list: Chef Hans Haas prepares some of the country's best Bavarian food at Tantris and a side trip from Prague to Karlstejn Castle.
Jetsetter.com is the leading members-only website that helps travelers discover and purchase the world's best vacations. Each vacation featured on the site has been hand-selected by a team of curators and personally verified by a Jetsetter correspondent to assure that all Jetsetter trips meet the expectations of discerning members. Jetsetters can browse offerings on sale in the flash section of the site which features 20-30 vacations per week at prices 30-50 percent off. Or peruse Jetsetter 24/7, a collection of more than 200 hand-selected, verified hotels and resorts available 365 days a year at Jetsetter exclusive prices. Jetsetter apps are available for the iPhone and iPad. Jetsetter is a member of the Gilt Groupe. For more information, visit www.Jetsetter.com.
For more information about Jetsetter or to arrange an interview with Founder and CEO Drew Patterson, a Jetsetter member, or a Jetsetter correspondent, contact: