NEW YORK, April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetsetter.com today announced its Jetsetter App for iPad is now available on the App Store. The app provides a virtual window into Jetsetter's hand-selected, verified hotels and resorts around the world via 360-degree immersive, high-resolution images.
"Travel planning should be a visual feast and the Jetsetter App takes full advantage of the stunning display and innovative Multi-Touch user interface of iPad to inspire travelers with stunning images and compelling editorial," said Drew Patterson, Jetsetter Founder and CEO. "The app was designed for consumers who want to put their feet up and browse hotels and resorts around the globe. Users will lose themselves in the images that bring destinations to life and, should inspiration strike, they can book a vacation in just a few taps."
Jetsetter's engineering team custom-designed a camera to shoot dozens of high resolution photos which are stitched together to form immersive 360-degree images, providing a visual experience that beautifully captures Jetsetter's curated vacations. Unlike virtual tours, the Jetsetter App experience pans smoothly about the room, without choppy pauses and distortion to give users a more realistic sense of what the property offers. Jetsetter's photo editors spent hundreds of hours cropping photos, so every image fills the iPad's large display, allowing users to easily view photos in portrait and landscape.
Features of the Jetsetter App for iPad include:
- Design inspired by glossy travel magazines. Like a futuristic magazine cover, the app's title screen features an immersive 360-degree panoramic image that responds to a tap
- The homepage prominently features a rotating slide show of hotels on sale at prices up to 50% off
- Curated vacation collections featuring top picks from Jetsetter's editors. Collections cover a variety of vacation themes, such as Vacation Like Royalty, Top New York Hotels, Caribbean Sunsets, and Weekend Getaways
- A news ticker at the bottom of the homepage that displays what other Jetsetter members are purchasing
- Jetsetter utilizes iPad 2's gyroscope to map the orientation of the iPad to Jetsetter's 360 degree photos. For instance, when the user moves iPad to the left, it senses the change of direction and the photo pans left.
- Customized search tools allow users to browse Jetsetter's collection of 300 hand-selected, verified hotels by selecting preferences for destinations and activities
At launch, 15 hotels will feature 360-degree immersive panoramic images. The panoramic photos are available for a selection of room types and public spaces. Jetsetter will continue to add panoramic photos to its archive of curated vacations.
The Jetsetter App is free and available the App Store on iPad or at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetsetter-for-ipad/id416813861?mt=8&ls=1.
About Jetsetter.com http://Jetsetter.com
Jetsetter.com http://Jetsetter.com is the leading members-only website that helps travelers discover and purchase the world's best vacations. Jetsetter curators search the globe for new destinations, hotels and memorable experiences. Then, a Jetsetter correspondent personally verifies the vacation will meet the expectations of discerning members. Jetsetters can browse offerings on sale in the flash section of the site which features 15-30 sales per week at prices 30-50 percent off. Or peruse Jetsetter 24/7, a collection of more than 300 hand-selected, verified vacation experiences available 365 days a year at Jetsetter exclusive prices. Jetsetter is a member of the Gilt Groupe. For more information, visit www.Jetsetter.com .
For more information about Jetsetter or to arrange an interview with Founder and CEO Drew Patterson, contact: