WOBURN, Mass., Dec. 13, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
- Demandware, Inc., the global leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Jewelry Television® (JTV), within one year of launching its successful ecommerce site, unveiled its mobile ecommerce site that leverages the Demandware Commerce platform to create a seamless shopping experience for its customers no matter where they go.
- Along with the launch of its mobile commerce site, JTV unveiled a free mobile application available on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch in addition to smart phones on the Android operating system.
- JTV's mobile launch represents the home shopping industry's most sophisticated, tightly integrated mobile shopping experience to-date. Designed to meet shoppers on the go, the mobile application delivers streaming live video from the television broadcast, a location-based GPS channel finder, numerous educational videos-on-demand, a virtual ring sizer and programming guide. An extensive Gemopedia™ featuring high quality images, gemstone facts, pronunciations, birthstone calendar and product features was created to educate and entertain.
- The explosion of mobile is making it a mission-critical channel for retailers. A recent survey of 3,600 U.S. consumers commissioned by Demandware showed that 15 percent of consumers have used a mobile device to make purchases. And Morgan Stanley predicts that by 2015, more consumers will shop with mobile devices than laptops or desktops.
- Seamlessly mirroring all the functionality of its existing ecommerce site, JTV was able to launch its mobile commerce site in a matter of months. The JTV mobile site displays the entire product catalog of more than 30,000 products, and offers the ability to browse and add an item to a shopping cart on the mobile browser and then complete the transaction on a desktop computer at home or in the office without needing to reselect the item.
- Demandware Commerce is the only platform to combine best practice customer experience applications for ecommerce and mobile commerce, a sophisticated cross-channel merchandising engine, an open development environment for full platform customization and extension and the efficiency and power of next-generation cloud computing.
- Demandware's Mobile Commerce application, as part of Demandware Commerce, includes a full-featured, customizable mobile storefront with all of the functionality retailers such as JTV need to create a compelling and complete shopping experience on a mobile device. With full integration into the Demandware Commerce platform, retailers can deploy, customize and manage the day-to-day operations of both their ecommerce websites and mobile storefronts simultaneously, through a single, unified environment.
- The JTV application, available now, is compatible with many smart phones, for no charge through the iTunes or Android App Stores. The app is not currently available on Blackberry or Microsoft phones, but the mobile web site is compatible with most smart phones, and accessible at http://jtv.com/mobile or by visiting jtv.com from your mobile device.
- Check out a video of the JTV Mobile Applications in action here
"With some other mobile vendors, you have to figure out how to replicate information across multiple platforms, such as inventory updates, shopping cart features and behavior. It's all very complicated. With Demandware, there was no need to develop anything new. Everything is already done. The cart's there. The account – all the behavior of the account authentication, account creation, it's all the same, nothing changes," said Craig Shields, vice president of ecommerce, JTV. "This ease of implementation was key in our ability to get up and running just in time for the holiday rush."
"Mobile commerce is no longer a 'nice to have' strategy. It's a 'must have now' strategy that needs to be part of every retailer's overall ecommerce plan," said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing, Demandware. "By leveraging its existing ecommerce platform, JTV was able to easily develop one online environment that allows them to manage every digital touchpoint wherever and whenever the consumer interacts with the brand."
Connect With Us!
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/demandware
- Demandware Blog - http://blog.demandware.com/
About Jewelry Television
Jewelry Television® (JTV) is the only broadcast shopping network that focuses exclusively on the sale of fine jewelry and gemstones. The privately-held company was founded in 1993 and broadcasts high definition programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to over 80 million unique households in the U.S. Jewelry Television® was recently ranked the 14th largest retailer of fine jewelry in the U.S. by National Jeweler. JTV.com is the fourth largest jewelry internet destination according to Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide for 2009. For more information, visit JTV.com.
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Callaway Golf, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Neckermann, Panasonic, Reitmans, s.Oliver and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.