NEW YORK, March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), announced that its second annual Corporate Governance event will take place on June 5th, 2017 in New York City. This year's event will focus on "Navigating New Challenges to Value Creation" and will be hosted and moderated by Jim Cramer of CNBC's "Mad Money with Jim Cramer" and founder of TheStreet, Inc.
This full day conference will assemble influential board members, C-suite corporate executives, institutional investors and senior professional advisors to exchange insights and discuss strategies to meet and master the latest challenges to managing their companies to maximize shareholder value.
"Last year we broke new ground in helping CEOs, counsel and bankers figure out the best ways to represent their shareholders when activists seek to change direction or oust management. We will go deeper this year and analyze the most pro-long-term shareholder strategies with the principals who have the most experience, and deepest understanding, of the process," said Jim Cramer, host and moderator of the event. "This is the only conference truly devoted to developing a code of conduct for corporate leadership when an insurgent calls."
This year's agenda will cover issues such as the do's and don'ts of board structure, how best to integrate activist-designated directors into the corporate governance and board process, and practical steps to reduce and manage the threat of cybersecurity attacks.
Key speakers this year include:
- Scott A. Barshay, Partner, Paul Weiss
- Charles M. Elson, Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- David Faber, Co-Anchor, "Squawk on the Street," CNBC
- Eric Hipkins, Chief Executive Officer, root9B
- Robert J. Jackson, Jr., Professor of Law and Director, Program on Corporate Law and Policy, Columbia Law School
- Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and CEO, Arconic Inc.
- Frits van Paasschen, Former CEO, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Dr. Walden C. Rhines, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Mentor Graphics
- Gary Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Proofpoint, Inc.
- Kirill Tatarinov, Director, President & Chief Executive Officer, Citrix Systems Inc.
- Steven R. Walker, General Counsel & Managing Director, Board Services Group, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Lauren Taylor Wolfe, Managing Director, Blue Harbour Group
Supporters of The Deal's Corporate Governance event include Paul Weiss (premiere sponsor), Morgan Stanley and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Delaware/USA (program sponsors) and Seal Software (networking sponsor).
For more information and tickets to the conference, please visit www.thedeal.com/corpgovevent.
Follow @TheDealNewsroom for updates on the event and use hashtag #corpgov to join the conversation.
Contact: Nicole Harris, 212-321-5567, nharris at thedeal.com.
For information on how your organization can be a part of The Deal's Corporate Governance event, please contact Kaveh Mama at 212.321.5070 (kaveh at thedeal.com).
About The Deal
The Deal (www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), which is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), the leading relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.rate-watch.com) which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jim-cramer-brings-together-ceos-directors-and-industry-experts-to-create-a-roadmap-to-navigate-new-challenges-to-corporate-value-creation-300418401.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.