New Organization Dedicated to Employment Growth; Website Built for Media
DALLAS, June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Business leaders from across the country have come together to create a new organization dedicated to restoring job growth and returning the nation to economic prosperity. The Job Creators Alliance (JCA) today launched its website, www.jobcreatorsalliance.org, and formally announced its initiative to share practical, real-world experience and give voice to the entrepreneurs who are responsible for creating and maintaining more than half of the American workforce.
"The men and women who took the risks and made the sacrifices to start and grow their stores, factories, software enterprises and restaurants have hands-on experience and first-hand knowledge of how to restore job growth and rekindle the flame of American business," said Bernie Marcus, co-founder of The Home Depot, Inc., and founding member of the JCA. "They will tell us what we need to do to put America back to work. Our goal is to give their point of view a clear, articulate and non-partisan voice.
"We hear a great deal from government officials, academics and media pundits about our shocking unemployment statistics," Marcus said. "It's time to hear from the men and women on the front lines of hiring. Let them tell us how basic policies can change our economy and return this nation to prosperity."
The Job Creators Alliance is a not-for-profit, 501 (c) (3) organization dedicated to educating the public on what it will take to grow our economy and preserve the United States' free enterprise system for succeeding generations. JCA members are business leaders, both active and retired, from diverse industries and geographies. JCA member businesses range from software development to retailing, from restaurant ownership to banking; and their locations span from coast-to-coast and from Minnesota to Georgia
JCA has created a highly interactive website, designed with journalists in mind so that they can find business leaders to address issues they are interested in. The experience and expertise of each of the JCA members is described along with their backgrounds. Some members have video vignettes posted so broadcast and online journalists can determine which JCA member would be most appropriate for a particular show or segment.
"JCA members are on the front lines of job creation," said Jeanette Goodman, president of JCA, which is based in Dallas. "As business people, they know how to create jobs and put Americans back to work. Our members will educate the public through a national communications campaign encompassing broadcast, print, online and social media."
- John Allison: Former Chairman & CEO, BB&T Corporation, Winston-Salem, NC
- Brad Anderson, Former CEO, Best Buy Co., Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Fred Eshelman: Founder & Executive Chairman, PPD, Inc., Wilmington, NC
- William "Lee" Hanley: Principal, Lexington Management, Greenwich, CT
- Michael Holthouse: Founder, Prepared 4 Life, Houston, TX
- Javier Loya: Chairman, CEO & Co-founder, OTC Global Holdings, LP, Houston, TX
- John Mackey: Co-founder and Co-CEO, Whole Foods Market, Austin, TX
- Bernie Marcus: Co-founder & Former CEO, Home Depot, Atlanta, GA
- David Park: Managing Partner, Austin Capital, LLC, Dallas, TX
- Art Pope: CEO & Chairman, Variety Wholesalers, Inc., Henderson, NC
- Susan Story: President & CEO, Southern Company Services, Atlanta, GA
- Michael Whalen: CEO, Heart of America Group, Moline, IL
SOURCE Job Creators Alliance