DETROIT, Jan. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Increasing vehicle storage while advancing comfort, safety and efficiency is what the all-new Loft seat from Johnson Controls achieves. This innovative second-row seating solution for mid-sized luxury vehicles will be on display for the first time at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit's Cobo Center.
"We know what consumers and automakers want in mid-sized sedans and that was our guide in the development of the Loft seat," said Beda Bolzenius, president of Johnson Controls Automotive Experience and vice chairman Johnson Controls Asia Pacific. "The results of our research show that the most sought after features in the rear seat for consumers and automakers align. So, we created an innovative solution for our customers that addresses their needs."
The new Loft seat features many benefits, including:
- Maximized leg room and storage space by using thinner seats made with Super Resilient Foam (SuRF). This foam reduces thickness, while optimizing comfort requirements
- A "Connectivity Console" that provides a multi-level comfort and storage solution with wireless charging USB ports and unique telescoping cup holders
- Stadium seat cushion and fold-flat seat back options that allow unique reconfigurable long- and short-term hidden storage for increased security for purses and laptop computers
- Thin head restraints made using new construction methods, so they're lighter while also meeting required safety standards
- Sedan-style seatbacks that recline to create a more comfortable passenger space
- The seat is mounted to a cross-car beam that enables increased functionality, safety and installation options
- Unique use of luxury materials, including felt, leather, wood, metal and woven flooring and panels
An event sponsor and exhibitor, Johnson Controls has been involved with NAIAS for 21 years. Its exhibit in Cobo Center room 310B will be open to media and invited guests.
NAIAS – one of the world's premier automotive exhibitions – opens to the media and industry officials on Monday, Jan. 12. It will open to the public from Saturday, Jan. 17 through Sunday, Jan. 25. For more information, please visit: www.naias.com.
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2014, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #12 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Automotive Seating:
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems, floor consoles, door panels and instrument panels. We support all major automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products, technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With more than 220 plants worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete interiors. With our global capability, we supply approximately 50 million cars per year.
SOURCE Johnson Controls