NEW YORK, May 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- On May 8, 2017, at The Plaza Hotel in NYC, The City of Hope's East End Chapter/Jeanne Kaye League will host their annual "Spirit of Life" luncheon and fashion show. For this year's event Andrew Warren of Just Drew will provide all of the clothing for the fashion show portion. Annually this event is attended by over 425 guests, with an objective to raise critical funding to support City of Hope's continuous cancer research, treatment and educational programs. This year the two main sponsors of the event are Aston Martin and Lancôme. Since inception, the Spirit of Life luncheon has raised $15 million dollars for City of Hope, elevating and enhancing cancer research and treatment standards globally. City of Hope participates in more than 500 collaborative projects with over 400 Institutions, spanning 40 states and 30 countries, including the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Children's Oncology Group, and many more.
The Spirit of Life award is presented annually, to deserving recipients during the luncheon. Recipients vary from celebrities, to scientists, to frontrunners in the business world, all extremely different, but effortlessly interconnected in their shared commitment to uplift the human condition. This year the award will be presented to Lisa Fuld, President of City of Hope East-End Chapter/Jeanne Kaye League, Iris Dankner, founder of the Holiday-House, the first designer show-house in NYC to benefit a breast cancer organization and Kelli O'Hara, a Tony Award winning actress and singer. Past honorees of this award include: Kelly Ripa, Kathie Lee Gifford, Katie Couric and many others.
Andrew Warren of Just Drew Clothing, and social media sensation Danielle Bernstein of WeWore What, will receive the "Champion of Hope" award. This year, the Spirit of Life luncheon's focus is to raise awareness amongst the up and coming generation of social influencers. For the first time ever, The Champion of Hope award will be presented at this event; this award honors individuals who inspire the next generation of giving through their professional and philanthropic accomplishments. The award will be presented by Claudia Oshry of Girl With No Job.
The event will blend the next generation of social influencers and numerous emerging models, who have graciously donated their time to walk in the show to support the cause and raise awareness amongst their peers. The models will wear Just Drew Clothing provided by designer, Andrew Warren in the fashion show. The looks revealed in the show will later be available for immediate purchase and sold on https://www.justdrewnyc.com/, proceeds will benefit The City of Hope Foundation. Warren will appear on Good Day NY today May, 4 at 9 A.M. EST to discuss the event in depth.
Just Drew NYC
The JUST | DREW clothing line is the essence of modern contemporary womenswear. Comprised of sensuous silhouettes, vivid color palettes, and bold fabric selections each collection enables the everyday woman to appear effortlessly glamorous. The JUST DREW woman is fun, fresh, and flirtatious; exuding confidence while knowing all eyes are on her. Camera-ready at any time, in any place, endlessly putting her best face forward no matter where she goes or whom she's with. JUST | DREW is a family owned-and-operated company located in New York City's Upper East Side.
1. Sophie Simmons (Model and Singer, Daughter of Gene Simmons)
2. Hunter McGrady (Model, Michael McGrady)
3. Hayley Hasselhoff (Model, Daughter of David Hasselhoff)
4. Emma Ferrer (Model, Granddaughter of Audrey Hepburn)
5. Daisy Lowe (Model, Daughter of Gavin Rossdale)
6. Danielle Campbell (Actress, 2.4 million social following)
8. Sadie Friedman (Model, Daughter of Joan Allen)
9. Alessandra Garcia Lorido (Model, Daughter of Andy Garcia)
10. Vale Genta (Social Influencer/ Model with 1 million social following)
11. Emma Holzer (Model/Actress, Granddaughter of Andy Warhol's Muse Baby Jane Holzer)
12. Olivia Washington (Actress, Daughter of Denzel Washington)
13. Abby Hornaceck (Model/ News Anchor, Daughter of NY Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek)
14. Skai Jackson (Actress, 2.9 Million social following)
15. Reya Benitez (Model, Daughter of Studio 54 Jellybean Benitez
16. Corrine Foxx (Model, Daughter of Jamie Foxx)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/just-drew-clothing-presents-city-of-hopes-annual-spirit-of-life-charity-fashion-show-300451324.html
SOURCE Just Drew