HONOLULU, Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kahala Hotel & Resort has kicked up the fun factor with the addition of Keawe Ocean Adventures to their roster of activities, which also includes the popular Dolphin Quest and Kahala Kids programs.
ON THE BEACH
Keawe Ocean Adventures sees the beach as a journey of fun and discovery. Their ocean experts are inspirational guides that make seemingly difficult water activities accessible no matter what age or skill level. Learn how to surf, stand-up paddleboard, snorkel, spear fish, outrigger canoe surf, and fly fish. Guided beach programs are open to all ages, and all activities take place in Maunalua Bay, fronting The Kahala from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
- Fly Fishing - Bonefish, oio in Hawaiian, thrive in the sandy, shallow waters off The Kahala. Catch five to ten pound oio from an outrigger canoe with light tackle and spinner rods. $150 for 1.5 hours; $300 for 3 hours.
- Surfing - Private surf lessons, all the gear you need (including rash guards and reef walkers), and guides that point you to the right surf spot within seconds make for fantastic surf adventure. For advanced surfers, mini surf trips to nearby spots can also be arranged. $100 for 1 hour.
- Stand Up Paddling - A blend of surfing and paddling, and a great core workout, hour-long private lessons allow plenty of time to learn this balancing act. $100 for 1 hour.
- Outrigger Canoe Surfing - Catch waves in an 18-foot outrigger canoe for an exhilarating Hawaiian roller coaster ride. Session comes with a life vest, safety lesson, and an experienced waterman. $75 per person for 30 minutes.
- Snorkeling - Access remote snorkeling areas in an outrigger canoe to see a variety of colorful reef fish. $65 per person for 1 hour.
- Spear Fishing - Learn the basics of Hawaiian three-prong spear fishing. $150 for 1.5 hours.
For more information: www.keaweadventures.com.
THE MAGIC OF DOLPHIN QUEST
Guests can interact with Hoku, Kolohe, Liho, Lono, and Nainoa, The Kahala's resident Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins, in the resort's 26,000 sq.ft. natural lagoon. Dolphin Quest's Kids Aquatic Adventure program is perfect for children from five to 10 years old ($275 per child). Little ones (four and younger) can also join in the fun with an adult in the Wee Family, Fins and Fun program ($149 per parent/child pair).
KAHALA FOR KIDS
The Kahala keeps kids entertained. Upon arrival, kids are welcomed with fun amenities, such as a Kahala dolphin or honu (sea turtle) stuffed toy and homemade cookies. At the Keiki Club, kids learn about the Hawaiian Islands and culture through activities like reef walking, snorkeling, storytelling, lei making, hula dancing, crabbing, arts & crafts, bamboo pole fishing, and observing Hawaiian marine life. Half-day program is $35 per child or $45 with lunch, and full-day program is $65 per child.
- About The Kahala -
With 338 guestrooms, The Kahala Hotel & Resort is an exclusive oceanfront destination resort known for its impeccable service and hospitality. Just minutes from Waikiki, yet offering the peace and serenity of a neighbor island experience, The Kahala has been Honolulu's social address for weddings and gatherings since its opening in 1964. Captains of industry and celebrity guests continue to call The Kahala their home-away-from-home in Hawai'i.
The Kahala has five restaurants including the award-winning Hoku's, a spa, and a lagoon that is home to playful Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. The resort is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and Preferred Hotels & Resorts, and is long recognized internationally as an icon among legendary resorts. It recently completed a US$52 million renovation of its 338 rooms and suites as well as meeting space and public areas.
For more information, please contact The Kahala Hotel & Resort at (808) 739-8888 or toll-free at (800) 367-2525; or visit their website at www.kahalaresort.com
SOURCE Kahala Hotel & Resort