SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Kami, the vision artificial intelligence (AI) company, today announced the availability of the Kami Doorbell Camera, a smart video doorbell with human detection and facial recognition powered by edge computing technology and advanced AI. Equipped with breakthrough privacy features, the Kami Doorbell Camera is a modern video solution that enhances the smart home ecosystem to protect the security, safety, and wellbeing of individuals and families.
Featuring intelligent AI algorithms, the Wi-Fi enabled Kami Doorbell Camera offers human detection and facial recognition to notify users when someone is at the door, identify individual human faces and store them in a private Face Album. The user can receive alerts, see exactly who is at the door, easily sort by faces in the Face Album and roll-back to any time of the day to see captured moments. It also enables two-way conversations, can stream or record live video, and warn intruders.
"The Kami Doorbell Camera was inspired by a greater need for safety and peace of mind as people spend more time at home and consumers' increasing desire to reside in smart homes," said Yamin Durrani, CEO of Kami. "However, we noticed one gaping hole in the smart doorbell market -- it was lacking an extremely advanced security solution that also puts the user in complete control of their privacy. In designing our video doorbell camera we considered all the ways people live in their homes to elegantly combine accelerated intelligence with a level of customization and privacy that is unmatched in today's market. The result is a solution that provides comfort, safety and peace of mind."
Kami Doorbell Key Features & Specifications
- AI-Based Alerts and Facial Recognition -- Equipped with reliable Edge computing AI motion sensors that effectively avoid false alerts caused by flying insects, pets, vehicles and light changes. View previous recordings and a summary of recognized faces.
- Human Detection -- Advanced AI algorithms reliably detect human figures, reducing false alerts caused by insects, small animals or vehicles to ensure users only receive alerts when it matters most.
- Two-Way Audio and Flexible Communication -- Hear and speak to visitors with a two-way audio or set pre-recorded messages to automatically respond to people at the door.
- 1080P HD and 160-Degree Wide Angle Lens -- Wide angle lens allows for 140.5 degrees (horizontal) and 76 degrees (vertical) viewing.
- Color Night Vision -- Offering 24/7 protection, day and night, it comes equipped with six 850nm IR LEDs providing colorful night vision video and clear viewing up to 16 feet, no matter how dark it gets.
- Dual Power Mode -- In addition to battery, it can be powered using USB or AC Power options. Four AC voltage options are available to fit any home (8V, 10V, 12V or 24V) so the user never has to worry about the power source.
- Powerful 150-Day Battery -- The detachable battery pack is convenient for assembly and disassembly providing a long working time of nearly half a year.
- World Class Hardware -- Using YI Technologies proprietary Senslab sensor chip, the Kami Doorbell Camera combines high quality hardware components with fast Edge computing to provide advanced security solutions.
- Outdoor Durability -- The user never has to worry about weather conditions because it features an IP65 durability rating making it dust-tight and protected from water. It is built to withstand heat, cold, rain, or sun so it can be placed anywhere around the home, including at a door without a roof covering.
- PIN Setting -- Easily set up a unique PIN code to ensure only the person with code access can view the camera's live feed and captured footage.
- Cloud Storage -- Store alerts and recordings within the optional Kami Cloud service. Unlike Micro SD cards that can be physically damaged and have storage limits, Kami Cloud provides 24/7 uninterrupted video recordings up to 30 days of footage protection from theft or damage.
Pricing & Availability
Kami Doorbell Camera is now available to purchase on KamiHome.com and Amazon for a special launch price of $99.99 (MSRP: $119.99). The Kami Home app is tailored for all Kami products with advanced functionalities including professional monitoring with "Home" and "Away" settings, real-time smart notifications and access to full-length activity alerts via secure cloud storage. Kami offers a range of flexible cloud storage plans tailored to individual home security needs and storage time preferences.
Kami is on a path to making vision artificial intelligence (AI) affordable and accessible to all businesses and consumers. Founded in 2017, Kami Vision and Kami Home offer a complete set of turnkey solutions including edge-AI enabled camera devices and platforms on Cloud for building bespoke AI applications. Kami Vision enables businesses to leverage vision AI across various industries like retail, healthcare, food inspection and industrial applications to automate business workflows and improve operational efficiency. For consumers, Kami Home offers smarter, more optimized security solutions for the smart home to bring individuals and their families, safety, comfort and peace of mind. Kami is based in San Jose, CA. For more information visit www.kamivision.com and follow on LinkedIn.