BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Kellogg Company's U.S. brands will debut more that 40 new products in early 2016, each reflecting new or emerging consumer needs and preferences. The new products include 16 new ways to enjoy cereal, bold flavors from popular snack brands such as Pringles® and Cheez-It ®and delicious new frozen foods from Eggo® and MorningStar Farms.®
Delicious, new ingredients bring new flavors to breakfast
Knowing that many women are looking for wholesome, great tasting breakfast options, Special K® will launch new Special K Nourish® cereals with positive nutrition and ingredients the consumer can see in the food. There are two delicious flavor combinations, Apple Raspberry Almond and Coconut Cranberry Almond, both with multi-grain quinoa flakes .
Mini-Wheats® Harvest Delights debuts in two varieties. Cranberry with Yogurt Drizzle has eight layers of 100% red wheat with baked-in cranberries bits, while the Blueberry variety features baked-in blueberry bits, topped with a vanilla drizzle. Both flavors offer a hearty texture and taste that comes from whole grain red wheat.
An entirely new approach to on-the-go breakfast
New Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Mix combines delicious cereal pieces and delectable nuts in two savory options. They come in single-serving pouches and are made to be enjoyed without milk. The cereal pieces are larger than traditional cereal for optimal finger-to-mouth munching and the resealable pouch was ergonomically designed to allow fingers to easily access the food and to fit in a car's cup holder. They debut in Salted Caramel & Praline Almond, and Cinnamon Roasted Candied Pecan. Each serving has 4 grams of protein, 3 grams fiber and 15 grams of whole grain. (4 - 4.5 grams total fat/serving.)
Other new breakfast foods products from Kellogg's include:
- Our fans asked for it and we listened. Kellogg's Smorz® cereal – crunchy graham cereal pieces in a rich Chocolately coating with marshmallows – is being re-introduced in response to requests from loyal cereal lovers.
- New Kellogg's® JIF PB&J cereal features whole grain squares coated with real JIF peanut butter, partnered with the deliciously crunchy strawberry flavored puffs.
- Pop-Tarts® is adding new flavors and limited editions – including Frosted Chocolatey Caramel, Maple Bacon and Watermelon – in addition to seasonal varieties Pink Lemonade and Spring Strawberry.
- Kellogg's three limited edition cereal that celebrated the excitement of some of the hottest entertainment properties – Marvel's Captain America Civil War, Disney's Finding Dory, and Disney's Frozen – with collectable packages.
- Cereal in a cup is a fast growing segments in grocery stores, and Kellogg's is fueling this growth by putting some of the newest Kellogg cereals in convenient grab-n-go cups. The new on-the-go offerings include Frosted Flakes® with Energy Clusters, Special K® Protein, Froot Loops® Bloopers® and Special K® Granola.
Delicious, Innovative Snack Options
In snacks, consumers are seeking bold, unique flavors, and Kellogg brands are providing new options that will bring more enjoyment to any munching occasion.
- Pringles will start the year with two new varieties, including Tortilla Chili Cheese and Pringles Lightly Salted original crisps.
- Snack fans want bold flavors and Cheez-It is delivering with the launch of two on-trend snack mixes – Sweet and Salty with M&Ms, and Sriracha – along with Cheez-it Grooves® Hot & Spicy Cheddar crackers.
- For people seeking a delicious wholesome snack with visible, recognizable ingredients, Nutri-Grain® is launching new Fruit and Nut bars in cherry almond and blueberry almond varieties.
- Thin cookies are very much on trend and the Keebler® Elves have been hard at work developing their own magical versions, Simply Made® Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins and Simply Made Crispy Lemon Sugar Cookie. These thin treats are made with simple ingredients you would expect to find in your kitchen, such as flour, eggs, butter and real sugar.
Hot Additions to the Frozen Food Aisle
Kellogg brands are also bringing delicious new products to the frozen food aisle, including new offerings from Eggo® and MorningStar Farms®.
- Eggo Thick and Fluffy Chocolatey Chip Strawberry waffles provide a homemade waffle experience that is great for breakfast or snacking.
- MorningStar Farms Meal Starters® Chik'n Strips and Meal Starters Steak Strips are a convenient way to create exciting vegetarian cuisine or make meatless versions of your favorite recipes. Each serving has 23 grams of protein per serving and 150 calories.
- MorningStar Farms Thai Yellow Curry Veggie Bowl, and Morning Star Farms Mushroom & Asparagus Orzo Veggie Bowl are easy-to-prepare vegetarian meals with 9g-14g of protein. They feature simple ingredients in a delicious meal for less than 300 calories.
- Morning Star Farms White Bean Chili Burgers are made with white beans and green chilies and a blend of Southwest herbs and spices. It is vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified, and made with organic ingredients.
For information on Kellogg Company products, visit www.Kelloggs.com.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2014 sales of $14.6 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Our brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. Through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ initiative, we're providing 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks – more than half of which are breakfasts – to children and families in need around the world by the end of 2016. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151118/289038 Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151118/289039 Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151118/289040 Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151118/289041
SOURCE Kellogg Company