DUBLIN, April 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Key Vehicle Scrappage Programs in Various Countries" report to their offering.
This comprehensive report provides an in-depth analysis of the vehicle scrappage programs of a number of countries, providing an unrivalled understanding of the key topics all market participants should be aware of. The research considers current and future drivers, challenges and opportunities, with a detailed reflection on five scrappage programs. The aim of this study is to bring out best practices and takeaways from scrappage programs in various countries which would assist other countries planning to formulate and implement a scrappage program. The study provides an overview of key scrappage programs such as Car Allowance Rebate System in the United States, Certificate of Entitlement in Singapore, Vehicle Scrapping and Recycling Program in Egypt, Fleet Renewal Rabla' (Scrappage) Program in Romania, and Plan ViVe and 2000E Program in Spain. The study period of the research is 2005 to 2015, with 2015 as the base year.
- Environmental concerns were the common objective behind the scrappage across all countries profiled.
- Scrappage programs are typically implemented for reducing congestion, increasing road safety, reducing emissions, and boosting sales of new vehicles.
- Among all the programs reviewed, scrappage programs (US, Romania, Spain, Singapore, and Egypt) were found to be distinct in terms of objectives or operations.
- Scrappage programs in the last years (2005-2015) were reviewed. At least countries implemented a scrappage program during the period.
- Compliance is mandatory only in Singapore and Egypt.
- The most popular type of incentive is cash discounts with defined quantum.
- The primary objective of the scheme of the US and Spain was to push the sales of new vehicles.
- All 5 countries covered passenger vehicles, but Egypt's policy focused specifically on PVs used as taxis.
- Singapore's Vehicle Quota System (VQS) regulates road congestion and promotes use of efficient new vehicles.
1. Executive Summary
2. Overview of Scrappage Programs in Various Countries
3. Key Scrappage Programs
4. Car Allowance Rebate System-United States
5. Certificate of Entitlement-Singapore
6. Vehicle Scrapping and Recycling Program-Egypt
7. Fleet Renewal Rabla' (Scrappage) Program-Romania
8. Plan ViVe and 2000E Program-Spain
9. Conclusions and Key Takeaways
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s5c425/key_vehicle
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets