LOS ANGELES, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today that KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is now available in North America, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system.
Winning multiple awards and dozens of nominations including a nomination from the Game Critics Awards for Best Role-Playing Game, the highly acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] received much praise from the media at this year's E3.
"With its exciting combat mechanics, intricate Spirit system, and beautiful 3D graphics, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is definitely one of the best Kingdom Hearts experiences to date." (G4TV, 4.5/5)
"A fitting celebration of the franchise's 10th anniversary, and possibly the best portable entry to date." (IGN, 8.5/10, Editors' Choice)
The new title expands on the KINGDOM HEARTS lore, and follows the adventures of Sora and Riku in their quest to become true Keyblade Masters. Disney fans will be sure to recognize classic venues, including La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers) and Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio), as well as newer worlds such as The Grid (TRON: Legacy).
Drawing upon the various capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, the game features stunning 3-D graphics, high-quality music and the ability to connect with other players through the StreetPass™ feature.
- Dual protagonists – Play through each world with the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- "Flowmotion" action – Enjoy fun, fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds – Seven new worlds and their characters, such as La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia) and The Grid (TRON: Legacy) make their series debut.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
- Memento feature – Newcomers and experienced players can get a refresher through the brand-new memento feature that provides a detailed account of the previous KINGDOM HEARTS games.
- All-star voice cast – The talented roster includes Leonard Nimoy (Master Xehanort), Haley Joel Osment (Sora), David Gallagher (Riku), Hayden Panetierre (Xion) and Jesse McCartney (Roxas and Ventus).
Title: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Release Date: Available Now
MSRP: $39.99 (standard edition), $59.99 (Mark of Mastery edition)
Copyright: © Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is available today for $39.99 and is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About the KINGDOM HEARTS series
KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive Studios and Square Enix. Since the first KINGDOM HEARTS was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation®2 system, the series has expanded with several additional entries, and has shipped over 17 million units worldwide.
About Disney Interactive
Disney Interactive, one of the world's largest creators of high-quality interactive entertainment across all platforms, is the part of The Walt Disney Company responsible for the global creation and delivery of interactive entertainment, multi-platform video games, and family-focused content across all current and emerging digital media platforms. Disney Interactive produces and distributes a broad portfolio of content from Disney Interactive Games and Disney Interactive Media. Products and content released and operated by Disney Interactive include blockbuster mobile, social and console games, online virtual worlds, #1 kid's entertainment destination Disney.com and the #1 Family/Parenting portfolio on the Web.
Disney Interactive is the interactive entertainment part of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS).
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 59 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com/.
© Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Square Enix, Inc.