DALLAS, June 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- As the category leader, Kleenex Facial Tissue has become an everyday essential for consumers around the globe. But it is so much more than a tool to wipe a nose or dry an eye – it's a gesture of care that, given the chance, has the power to connect and uplift us all. Every day we're presented with opportunities to show we care. Despite our best intentions, these moments often get overlooked. In fact, nearly 50 percent of people in the U.S. say they've missed an opportunity to show someone they care, especially when it comes to everyday moments, according to a recent survey commissioned by Kleenex brand. This June, Kleenex brand is demonstrating the importance of timely care through a multi-platform commercial program including documentary-style videos featuring compelling, real-life stories of people showing meaningful gestures of care throughout the U.S., and proving that no matter how big or small the moment, the act of giving a Kleenex Facial Tissue to someone who needs one – whether it's a stranger, someone we care about, or even ourselves – can equalize, connect and uplift us all.
"Our goal is to reframe the category and demonstrate the ability of Kleenex Facial Tissue to deliver real-time care to consumers who need it and prove that the simple gesture of handing someone a Kleenex Facial Tissue can change the course of someone's day," said Eric Higgs, General Manager, Kleenex Brand.
Starting June 8, Kleenex brand will set out to deliver real-time gestures of care through the following:
- A broadcast campaign establishing the Kleenex brand as a timely gesture of care
- A first-of-its kind interactive real-tissue Kleenex brand Careboard which delivers messages of care during otherwise overlooked moments
- Kleenex.com, where users will be able to share messages of care via the digital Kleenex brand Careboard, view program content and enroll to receive product discounts
- Documentary-style videos that engage viewers in feel-good stories of real people showing meaningful gestures of care
- A partnership with Facebook's Creative Shop Studio, enabling the Kleenex brand to deliver these stories to News Feeds at the most relevant moments in people's lives, based on a variety of inputs such as demographics, stated interests and time of day
- Partnerships with nationally-recognized influencers who will role model timely care during often overlooked moments
- Newly designed Kleenex Pocket Packs which transform Kleenex Facial Tissues into a personalized gesture of timely care, available in stores starting September 2015
"This is a first for the Kleenex brand – we are excited to be working with Facebook and other partners utilizing unprecedented data and tools to help jolt people out of their traditional ways of thinking about facial tissue," said Higgs.
There are endless opportunities to give someone a gesture of care and the Kleenex brand truly understands that. So, whether someone is starting a new career or feeling a little down after their favorite sports team loses, the Kleenex brand is giving people the opportunity to show they care. Don't let another moment of care pass you by; help make caring contagious by sharing your moment of care by tagging with #ShareKleenexCare, and visit our Kleenex Brand Facebook page to learn more.
To find the newly designed Kleenex Pocket Packs at participating retailers, visit Kleenex.com.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 143-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.