WALL TOWNSHIP, N.J., May 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- KMB Design Group today announced that it has completed the design of its 100th Solar project in the State of New Jersey. The Monmouth County Engineering and Management Services firm is one of the nation's fastest growing green energy engineering firms. Licensed in 49 states, KMB has also completed solar projects in NY, PA and NC, with pending projects in DE and MA.
"With a passion for, and focus on, sustainable design," said Steve Schwerd, KMB Vice President of Facilities and Energy Engineering, "we are proud to contribute to a clean energy future while simultaneously helping our clients achieve their financial and energy goals."
KMB Design Group's 100 solar projects represent more than 35MW of power generation.
Renewable energy design, including solar, is no longer the 'leap of faith' gamble it was just a few years ago. We can now prove both its cost and energy effectiveness. Another example of why we suggest and incorporate green elements into every project we do because it just makes so much sense.
KMB's solar designs have included public projects for municipal and county buildings, prisons and wastewater treatment facilities; commercial buildings including offices, warehouses, manufacturing, and retail; and both public and private schools.
Examples of KMB's solar design work include:
- Montgomery High School, Skillman, NJ (1.06MW ballasted system)
- Sabert Corporation, Sayreville, NJ (2.1MW on standing-seam metal roof)
- The Fimble Door Company, Whitehouse Station, NJ (651KW rail system on 2 roofs)
- Warehouse, South Brunswick, NJ (4.5MW ballasted system, design complete)
- Northwest Bergen (NJ) Wastewater Treatment Plan (334KW canopy mount)
- Hardyston (NJ) Police Station (76KW above parking lot)
- Monmouth County Bayshore Outfall Authority, Bayshore, NJ (533KW above retention basins)
- Disaster Recovery Center, Piscataway, NJ (1.2MW above parking and rooftop)
Ground Mount Installations:
- Federal Corrections Institute, Fairton, NJ (402KW mounted at loop outside fence line)
- Martins Creek Solar Farm, Murphy, NC (1.0MW utility direct connection)
- AAA of Northampton, Easton, PA (50KW ground mount to 2 services)
- AC Justice Facility, Mays Landing, NJ (127 KW ground mount)
KMB offers comprehensive solar design and engineering, including conceptual design, financial analysis, energy usage and production analyses, RFP preparation, structural investigation and analysis, structural design, electrical construction documents, construction administration and commissioning support.
"We are proactive in our approach and add value to our customers with involvement starting at the initial phase of a project," explains Mark Worthley, KMB Partner & Sr. Vice President. "That way we bring our vast experience and expertise to the table to suggest the very best solutions to clients' energy needs. We pride ourselves on being a 'conception through construction' firm."
KMB Design Group, LLC is a full service engineering solutions provider licensed in 49 states and Europe. We provide engineering for facilities, sustainable design, energy, and the wireless industry.
SOURCE KMB Design Group