CHESTERBROOK, Pa., April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LifeScan, Inc. has introduced KnowMyCoPay™, a new website and toll-free telephone service that shows the lowest copays for diabetes test strips across major brands based on each patient's individual health plan. This new, nationwide, free service helps patients and health care professionals (HCPs) navigate complex insurance plans and can be accessed by visiting www.KnowMyCoPay.com or calling toll free: 1-844-807-8936 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am EST – 5:00 pm PST. LifeScan is the maker of the market-leading OneTouch® brand blood glucose monitoring systems.
KnowMyCoPay™ provides two tiers of information based on the data provided by the user.
- In the first tier, patients and HCPs can find out which products are "preferred" by the patient's health plan by simply entering their type of coverage and plan name.
- In the second tier, patients and HCPs can review the actual co-pay amounts for the top five brands of test strips by providing additional patient-specific information.
"The health insurance landscape is becoming increasingly complex and figuring out coverage can be confusing, particularly when managing a chronic condition like diabetes," said Jim Miller, consumer advocate and nationally-syndicated columnist.* "KnowMyCoPay™ is a valuable free service that can assist patients in maximizing their healthcare coverage by comparing the out-of-pocket costs of the various diabetes test strips available in order to make an educated decision about the products they use."
Other helpful features of the KnowMyCoPay™ service include:
- Patients who select OneTouch® brand test strips can submit a prescription request through the retail or mail order pharmacy of their choice.
- HCPs can prescribe OneTouch® products directly through www.KnowMyCoPay.com and keep records of all prescriptions filled via this electronic prescribing system.
- Patients can receive a voucher for a OneTouch® brand meter of their choice at no charge that is redeemable at a convenient pharmacy.
- Patients can track the remaining deductible before their plan will pay for covered healthcare services.
- Patients can learn how to reach deductibles quicker by using preferred brands and how to maximize their high deductible plans.
- A "Professional" portal providing similar services and information to HCPs is also available.
For the nearly 30 million Americans with diabetes, regular blood sugar monitoring can help patients detect highs and lows and work with their healthcare professionals to make therapy and lifestyle adjustments as needed to stay healthy. Unfortunately, many patients don't check their blood sugar as recommended by their healthcare professional. By helping patients find the lowest copay for their test strips, the KnowMyCoPay™ service hopes to eliminate one of the barriers to regular blood sugar testing by patients.
For more information and to access the site's many tools and features visit: www.KnowMyCoPay.com or call 1-844-807-8936 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am EST – 5:00 pm PST. For more information about OneTouch® Brand products visit: www.OneTouch.com
About LifeScan, Inc.
LifeScan, Inc. is part of the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies. With a shared vision of creating a world without limits for people with diabetes, the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies is a collaboration of Johnson & Johnson companies dedicated to diabetes and includes LifeScan, Inc., a world leader in blood glucose monitoring; Animas Corporation, maker of innovative insulin delivery systems; and Calibra Medical, Inc., developer of a unique 3-day wearable insulin patch pump. In the US, LifeScan, Inc. is the leading maker of blood glucose monitoring systems and its OneTouch® brand products are recommended by more endocrinologists and primary care physicians than any other brand. Globally, more than 10 million people depend on OneTouch® brand products for simple testing and accurate results to help them manage their diabetes. For more information visit: www.OneTouch.com.
*Jim Miller is a paid consultant for LifeScan, Inc. Known as a senior advocate, author and NBC Today show contributor, Jim Miller researches and writes "Savvy Senior" a nationally syndicated information column devoted to baby boomers and senior citizens. Savvy Senior offers readers practical information and resources on a wide variety of topics including: retirement and estate planning, health and wellness, senior products and technology, programs and services for the elderly, Social Security and Medicare, caregiving, travel, work, senior housing, end-of-life issues and more. Currently published in more than 400 newspapers nationwide, Savvy Senior is the most widely read information column for older adults in the United States.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/knowmycopay----new-nationwide-free-service-shows-lowest-copays-for-diabetes-test-strips-based-on-each-patients-individual-health-plan-300255209.html
SOURCE LifeScan, Inc.