NORTHFIELD, Ill., May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) today issued its 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report. Called Creating a More Delicious World, the report focuses on the products, policies and partnerships Kraft Foods is using to drive meaningful and lasting change around health and well-being, sustainability and food safety, as well as other important topics of societal interest. The report covers both the legacy Kraft Foods and Cadbury businesses and summarizes the company's progress through 2010.
Highlights from the report include:
- Improving the livelihoods of more than 1 million farmers through partnerships that support sustainable agriculture today.
- Significantly increased the tons of certified coffee and cocoa purchased since 2005;
- Committed to further increase the sustainable sourcing of agricultural commodities by 25 percent by 2015.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 18 percent and water consumption by 30 percent since 2005, as measured against total production.
- Improved the nutritional profile of more than 5,500 products during the last five years.
- Removed nearly 6.5 million pounds (3 million kg) of salt from products in 2010.
- Helped provide more than 1 billion servings of food since 1999 in the United States alone.
"I have always believed that business could be a force for good," said Irene Rosenfeld, Chairman and CEO. "Today, I know it is. As a global food company, we can help raise people up—out of hunger, out of poverty, toward healthier lifestyles—through what we make and how we make it. And millions of times a day, in ways big and small around the world, we're doing just that. We're seeking solutions that, by design, benefit our business and our society and by doing so, we're helping tackle some the toughest challenges facing the world today."
To see how Kraft Foods is helping people around the world live more deliciously every day, please visit http://www.kraftfoodscompany.com/DeliciousWorld.
About Kraft Foods
Northfield, Ill.-based Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2010 revenue of $49.2 billion, more than half of which was earned outside North America. Eleven of the company's iconic brands -- including Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia and Trident -- generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually, and 40 have been loved for more than a century. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodscompany.com and www.facebook.com/kraftfoodscorporate.
- make today delicious -
SOURCE Kraft Foods