NORTHFIELD, Ill., May 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT), a global powerhouse in snacks, confectionery and quick meals, is highlighting more than 30 new products at the 2010 Food Marketing Institute (FMI) Show in Las Vegas. Listening to the needs of today's changing consumer, Kraft Foods is building on its innovative efforts earlier this year to deliver more restaurant-inspired flavors in its products. At the same time, time-starved consumers are still looking for accessible snacks and Kraft Foods is First to the Table with new, great-tasting options.
From May 10-13, Kraft Foods (Booth # 1647) will showcase its innovative products and customer collaboration at the industry exhibition. As one of the top exhibitors at the 2010 FMI Show, Kraft Foods will share its new food and beverage offerings under its First to the Table theme. Among the offerings are Kraft Homestyle Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinners featuring real Kraft cheese sauce and crunchy bread crumb topping (in three varieties); the first Angus Beef selection in Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Meats; and bold new flavors of Cracker Barrel cheese. In addition, consumers will get a new taste on iconic snack brands from Kraft Foods including delicious bite-size Ritz Munchables Pretzel Chips in two flavors (Buttery Flavor and Cheesy Sour Cream and Onion); Corn Nut Chips in Hot Sauce & Limon, Santa Fe Ranch and Original favors; and Oreo Fudge Cremes, a new cookie that features a crispy thin Oreo cookie topped with a layer of Oreo creme then covered with rich chocolate fudge.
"We continue to see the greatest growth in our snacking, confectionery and quick meal products at Kraft Foods," comments Bob Becker, Senior Vice President of New Product Development, Kraft Foods, North America. "More consumers are 'on the go' and therefore in search of quick and delicious treats, and Kraft Foods is leading the way with reinvigorated foods and beverages that boast both taste and convenience."
In addition, Kraft Foods is focused on better-for-you options, including the unveiling of Back to Nature Gluten Free Rice Thin Crackers with 23 grams of whole grain per serving, and Mousse Temptations by Jell-O Mousse Snacks in a luscious new sugar-free flavor - Chocolate Mint Sensation. As part of its new confectionery offerings, Kraft Foods is introducing the first-ever flavor changing gum, Stride Shift™, for an unbelievably unique taste in a long-lasting gum, as well as Dentyne Pure - first in the gum category with NeutraFresh™ to purify breath deliciously.
Kraft Foods is also expanding its product offerings in existing snack, quick meal and confectionery platforms including:
- Chips Ahoy! Cookies - Consumers get an extra treat in traditional Chips Ahoy! cookies with tasty candies mixed in, including Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Heath English Toffee Bars.
- Cracker Barrel – Consumers now have more variety in this popular line of cheese – Monterey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, and Medium Cheddar –and all with a full, delicious taste.
- Halls Refresh 2 in 1 – Unique Halls specially formulated with mouthwatering dual flavor technology that delivers a lemon base flavor with raspberry speckles, and all with Halls Refresh "moisture action" ingredient.
- Honey Maid Grahams – Just in time for s'more season, the new Limited Edition graham cracker is square-shaped and ideal for making the favorite campfire treat.
- Kraft Dressings – New Honey Mustard and Zesty CATALINA dressings bring restaurant favorite flavors to salads, dips and marinades.
- Kraft Cheesy Explosion Macaroni & Cheese Dinner – The traditional "blue box" line now boasts dynamite flavors of Cheddar Explosion, Extreme Cheese Explosion and Grilled Cheese Explosion, as well as new Toy Story™ Shapes.
- Kraft Microwavable Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Cups – Formerly known as Easy Mac Cups, this line of accessible snacks now features four new varieties, including Cheddar Explosion, Extreme Cheese Explosion, SpongeBob SquarePants™ Shapes and Toy Story™ Shapes.
- Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese – New Bonus Packs of Natural Shredded Cheese offer 20% more than the original 8 oz. size in three flavors, including Italian Classic, Mexican Cheddar Pepper Jack, and Pizza Mozzarella Cheddar.
- Mousse Temptations by Jell-O Mousse Snacks – Now available in Chocolate Mint Sensation, this luscious new sugar-free flavor has 60 calories.
- Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs – Chocolate Fudge Shortbread and Mint Fudge Chocolate Shortbread are two new varieties in convenient on-the-go, portion control packages.
- Nabisco Classics -- Delectable collection of long-standing favorites delights the nostalgic consumer with Cookie Carnival and Snickerdoodle varieties.
- Oreo Cookies – Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, there are now Limited Edition Oreo DQ Blizzard Creme and Strawberry Milkshake flavored cremes tucked inside dark chocolate Oreo wafers. There is also a Limited Edition NASCAR Oreo with custom graphics and fun racing design.
- Oscar Mayer Lunchables Lunch Combinations – One of the newest items in the convenient line of products from OscarMayer is Chicken Strips made with 100% white meat chicken and comes with whole fruit – mandarin oranges. Two popular varieties of Lunchables have some exciting and better-for-you options, including Chicken and American Sub Sandwich with sub bun made with 8 g whole grain per serving, Crispy Rice Treat and a Kool-Aid Fun Fizz drink drop. Deep Dish Cheese Pizza now has mandarin oranges and less than 600 mg of sodium.
- Oscar Mayer Lunchables Lunch Combinations – Cracker Stackers – Ham + American is a new kid-favorite recipe with lean ham, Kraft American cheese and crackers made with whole grain, while Turkey + Mozzarella is made with 100% white meat turkey, Kraft Mozzarella cheese and crackers made with 5 g whole grain per serving.
- Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Meats – Sliced, packed and sealed at the peak of freshness, these new varieties of shaved meats feature premium Angus Beef Bologna and Turkey Pastrami with pepper and garlic flavor.
- Ritz Crackerfuls – Made with real cheese and six grams of whole grains, this line of full flavored snacks is now available in Cheddar Bacon.
- Ritz Crackers – The one of a kind buttery taste of Ritz has a Limited Edition NASCAR Racin' variety for an extra thrilling treat.
- Shake 'N Bake Seasoned Coating Mix – This restaurant-inspired flavor of Crispy Buffalo jazzes up chicken legs and breasts, as well as wings and tenders.
- South Beach Living™ – Protein Fit™ Cereal Bars are now available in Chocolate Peanut Butter --- all with twice the protein of the leading cereal bar.
- Trident Layers – The third flavor innovation in the successful Trident Layers portfolio now includes Mint and Melon Fresco™.
About Kraft Foods
With annual revenues of approximately $48 billion, Kraft Foods is a global powerhouse in snacks, confectionery and quick meals. The company is the world's second largest food company, making delicious products for billions of consumers in more than 160 countries. The portfolio includes 11 iconic brands with revenues exceeding $1 billion - Oreo, Nabisco and LU biscuits; Milka and Cadbury chocolates; Trident gum; Jacobs and Maxwell House coffees; Philadelphia cream cheeses; Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; and Oscar Mayer meats. Approximately 70 brands generate annual revenues of more than $100 million. Kraft Foods (www.kraftfoodscompany.com;NYSE: KFT) is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index.
-make today delicious-
SOURCE Kraft Foods