HOUSTON, March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc. (NYSE: KRA), a leading global producer of styrenic block copolymers or "SBCs," announces plans to showcase and discuss its latest innovations at NPE 2012, the world's largest plastics exposition, conference and technology exchange.
"Kraton offers the most diverse and robust product profile in the SBC world," said Michael Oberkirch, Vice President, Advanced Materials. "Our products compete against a variety of material alternatives including, but not limited to, TPV, TPU, PVC, TPO, PET, PC, PA, natural rubber, and EPDM based offerings. Kraton™ polymers are highly-engineered and deliver recognized value by providing safe and viable alternatives to less efficient or less environmentally-friendly solutions," he continued. Demand for Kraton products continues to be driven by customer requirements and the unmet needs of the markets. "Our innovation-led growth strategy focuses on translating the inherent strengths of our product technologies such as flexibility, resilience, impact and moisture resistance, and aesthetics such as clarity and soft touch, to target opportunities where we can expand and create entirely new market spaces for our solutions," he concluded.
Products showcased at NPE include the following:
- Medical Solutions: Kraton™ G Enhanced Rubber Segment (ERS) polymers are a proven alternative to PVC traditionally used in various drug delivery bags and medical tubing applications.
- Personal Care - Our polymers offer increased comfort, flexibility and durability, as well as multi-directional elasticity and strength.
- Wire & Cable - Our products are widely used in halogen-free flame retarded compounds to replace PVC in wire & cable products.
- Faux Leather- Kraton's technical development of higher flow SBCs enable coated fabric manufactures an innovative, affordable, and environmentally friendly alternative to polyurethane and PVC coated fabrics used in durable upholstery applications.
- Automotive Interior Slush Molded Soft Skins – Our slush molding manufacturing process is a PVC alternative that provides the automotive industry with a major technology and performance leap to address performance, system cost and environmental responsibility necessary to move forward and succeed.
- Nexar™ Performance Polymers - offer a new set of features & benefits for water transport, filtration and separation.
NPE 2012 will provide tremendous opportunities for knowledge sharing, which Kraton has found results in new, innovative, and specialized product solutions that meet the most rigorous industry demands for higher-performance. If you would like to meet one-on-one with our experts, please visit the Kraton booth #39000 at NPE 2012. For pre-scheduled media interviews, please contact Marcella Coronado at [email protected].
About Kraton Polymers
Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc., through its operating subsidiary Kraton Polymers LLC and its subsidiaries, is a leading global producer of engineered polymers and styrenic block copolymers ("SBCs"), a family of products whose chemistry was pioneered by us almost fifty years ago. SBCs are highly-engineered thermoplastic elastomers, which enhance the performance of numerous products by delivering a variety of attributes, including greater flexibility, resilience, strength, durability and processability. Our polymers are used in a wide range of applications, including adhesives, coatings, consumer and personal care products, sealants and lubricants, and medical, packaging, automotive, paving, roofing and footwear products. We currently offer approximately 800 products to more than 700 customers in over 60 countries worldwide, and are the only SBC producer with manufacturing and service capabilities on four continents. We manufacture products at five plants globally, including our flagship plant in Belpre, Ohio, as well as plants in Germany, France and Brazil, and a joint venture plant operated in Japan.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements," which are statements other than statements of historical fact and are often characterized by the use of words such as "believes," "expects," "estimates," "projects," "may," "will," "intends," "plans" or "anticipates," or by discussions of strategy, anticipated performance, plans or intentions. All forward-looking statements in this press release are made based on management's current expectations and estimates, which involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are more fully described in "Part I. Item 1A. Risk Factors" contained in our Annual Report on 10-K, as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and as subsequently updated in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. We hereby make reference to all such filings for all purposes. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. We assume no obligation to update such information.
Kraton, the Kraton logo and design, Cariflex, Nexar and the "Giving Innovators their Edge" tagline are all trademarks of Kraton Polymers LLC.
© Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc. 2012. All rights reserved.
For Further Information:
Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc.
Media: Marcie Coronado +1-281-504-4975
Investors: H. Gene Shiels +1-281-504-4886
SOURCE Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc.