CINCINNATI, Sept. 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wellness Experience by Kroger and Jewel will launch with a World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert on October 10, featuring artists, business leaders, and mental health experts for a day of inspiration, education, and entertainment. The free live-stream event will shine a light on mindfulness and mental wellness and practices to combat depression and anxiety through personal stories, songs and expert interviews and provide viewers with actionable steps to improve their well-being.
Since 2018, Kroger, Jewel and Inclusion Companies have partnered to create physical, emotional and mental wellness events. The Wellness Experience platform expands the partnership with monthly digital events and healthy-living resources.
"We launched The Wellness Experience to inspire everyone to live healthier lives. The goal is to provide easy steps and solutions that combine health, wellness and nutrition and connect with our customers on a personal level," said Colleen Lindholz, president of Kroger Health. "The platform also provides Kroger Health with an additional way to highlight the helpful and accessible products, services and resources we offer to support our customers' well-being."
The Summit & Concert will be co-hosted by Jewel and Frankie Grande and feature appearances from:
- Jewel, Multi-platinum Singer-Songwriter, Actress, Bestselling Author and Co-Founder of The Wellness Experience
- Rodney McMullen, Chairman and CEO, The Kroger Co.
- Dr. Marc Watkins, Chief Medical Officer, The Kroger Co.
- Frankie Grande, Actor, Influencer, Philanthropist
- Beth Behrs, Actress and Writer, Host and Executive Producer of Harmonics Podcast
- HAIM, American Rock Band
- Willie Jones, Country and Hip-Hop Artist, Host of Apple Music's Crossroads Radio
- Brynn Elliot, Singer-Songwriter
- Grace VanderWaal, Singer-Songwriter
- X Ambassadors, Rock Band
- Judah & the Lion, Alt-Folk Trio
- Nicholas Petricca, WALK THE MOON Band
- Justin Kan, Co-Founder of Twitch, Entrepreneur and Investor
- Molly Bloom, Entrepreneur, Author and Subject of the Academy Award-Nominated Film "Molly's Game"
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, Expert in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Affiliate McLean Hospital
- Dr. Judson Brewer, Addiction Psychiatrist, Expert in Mindfulness Training for Habit Change, Treating Addictions and Unwanted Behaviors
"We recognize that many are combating the silent symptoms of COVID 19 - anxiety, depression, and isolation – in addition to their physical health," said Jewel. "We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I'm thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with people across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times."
The event will also raise funds to support the Inspiring Children Foundation (ICF) and its COVID-19 mental health programs. ICF is a Las Vegas-based non-profit that aims to revolutionize youth development by providing an ideal model of education in underserved communities. For 18 years, ICF has helped at-risk youth suffering with financial distress, anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation survive then thrive at their highest levels.
To register for the free World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert, visit here.
ABOUT THE KROGER CO.
At The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are, across our family of companies, nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. To learn more about us, visit our newsroom and investor relations site.
ABOUT INCLUSION COMPANIES
Inclusion Companies is an events and consulting company focused on driving its client's strategic growth initiatives through consumer events, retail sales, marketing, e-commerce and emerging technology services. The company has a long, well established relationship with many national retailers and its founders have extensive c-level experience in retail, consumer goods, logistics, technology and media. To learn more, visit their site.
SOURCE The Kroger Co.