CLEVELAND, Jan. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Krylon, a leading spray paint brand that can easily restore, refresh and recolor any project, announces its 2019 color trends. Three new color palettes and a cheerful Color of the Year provide an optimistic and hopeful look ahead.
While keeping a fresh eye toward the future, the trending colors also evoke a sense of nostalgia, which will have a bigger presence than ever this year. 2019 brings both anniversaries and reboots of beloved late '80s and early '90s TV shows, movies and music – from live-action remakes of treasured classics to a show "about nothing." The colors of the moment are ones we know and love but revived with modern appeal.
Imagine your favorite "friends" living room wall color re-emerging as Krylon's 2019 Color of the Year, Gloss Gum Drop. A cheerful shade of purple, Gloss Gum Drop nods to a simpler time by exuding a quality of warmth and reassurance, while looking ahead with strength.
"The trends showcase an optimistic hope that comes from a place of nostalgia of the late '80s and early '90s," says Rachel Skafidas, a senior color designer at Sherwin-Williams. "The color palettes are forward-thinking and meant for the gentle soul, the rebel and the dreamer in all of us."
2019 COLOR OF THE YEAR
- Gloss Gum Drop: Gum Drop is a warm, comforting and reassuring shade of purple. It is both fun and cheerful and looks good paired with a matte or metallic sheen, or with glitter. Gloss Gum Drop is featured as part of the "Rustic Country" Color Story.
2019 COLOR STORIES
- Rustic Country: Provides a connection with nature and the comfort it brings, while speaking to the gentle soul within us. This palette is wrapped in warm pink and ivory pastels, shades of green and purple, and anchored with a warm metallic rose gold, bringing a sense of nostalgic comfort.
- How to use it: Bring nature indoors in real and figurative ways by refreshing existing decorative accessories in your home with botanical embellishments. Simply spray paint an old vase and fill it with fresh flowers to invite a sense of calm. Take your project a step further by stenciling on florals to enhance the theme.
- Urban Workshop: Speaks to the rebel who still holds onto hope. Warm pinks, reds and oranges, with a touch of classic green and blue, define this palette that is fearless in both color and design. Colors can be paired and layered confidently for an imaginative feel.
- How to use it: Makers and maintainers can extend individuality beyond their comfort zones by creating experimental designs. Try exploring alternative materials such as ceramic, stone or perforated metal, and using typography with these bold colors.
- Expressive Color: Embraces the dreamer in all of us by exploring the mythical while seeking what is real. A cooler selection of colors, this palette leads with greens, blues, purples and a dark metallic, but is brightened with a vivid yellow and cool orange. These colors encourage us to make improvements in our lives that affect our overall well-being.
- How to use it: Create a home sanctuary by refreshing candleholders with spray paint. Use a combination of matte and metallic finishes to achieve a multi-finish pairing that places the focus on color to entice the senses.
Krylon is available at national and local retailers. Find Gloss Gum Drop in an array of Krylon product lines, including COLORmaxx™, ColorMaster – 25% More and ColorMaster.
For more information on Krylon, please visit Krylon.com/.
About Krylon and The Sherwin-Williams Company:
Krylon, a leading spray paint manufacturer, is number one in color and known for innovation. The Krylon consumer products line includes a wide selection of paints and paint-related products, from general-purpose paints to home decor to specialty products and more. For more information, visit Krylon.com/
About Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group
Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group offers innovative products to meet customers' paint and coating needs. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Purdy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers. For more information, visit Sherwin-Williams.com/.