CHICAGO, Feb. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Microarrays, in this case, a set of miniaturized chemical reaction areas on a substrate, can be used to test DNA fragments, proteins, and/or antibodies. These new patents from Able Signal Company LLC – represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo – offer important new capabilities in the area of genomics and genome research.
The patents will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
The patents disclose the following:
- An optical reader for genomics, proteomics and other applications involving patterned samples.
- System using a spatial light modulator, light source and detector for analysis.
- The system provides for random-access interrogation of probe sites and reference sites.
- Enabling technology for clinical applications of genotyping and expression microarrays.
- Compatible with virtually any optical tagging method.
- Allows real-time monitoring of Bio-Chip hybridization with sample.
- The reader produces numerical scores directly without need for image processing.
- This technology eliminates need for complex opto-mechanical scanning mechanisms.
- Technology allows for highly sensitive detection with wide dynamic range.
- Facilitates automation of analysis steps for emerging clinical and agricultural assays.
- Reader system is capable of all analysis steps in real time using a single instrument.
- Claims include combination of reader with existing DNA-chip synthesis methods.
- Technology suitable for real-time quality-control during manufacture of bio-chips.
- The patents have already been cited by many significant industry players, including: GlaxoSmithKline, VIDAR, IDEXX, Sandia Corp, Sharp, Cytonome ST, Pacific Biosciences of California, Plexera, and ASML.
These patents may be of interest in the following areas:
- The global markets for DNA microarray and lab-on-a-chip (LOAC) systems are expected to reach $2.7 billion and $2.1 billion respectively by 2014.(1)
- These patents should be of great interest to: Developers of assays for clinical genomics and proteomics, developers of agricultural genomic assays, developers of bio-security instrumentation, clinical instrumentation manufacturers, healthcare service providers, drug developers, DNA-chip manufacturers, biochip developers.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio: Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo