DODGEVILLE, Wis., May 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Music transcends the test of time and is rooted in authenticity much like the timeless style of Lands' End Canvas. To find the band that best represents the look, feel and sound of the classic apparel line with a modern twist, Lands End Canvas customers have the chance to go "backstage" at landsendcanvas.com/backstage and vote for an up-and-coming band as part of the New Music Now campaign. From now until June 27, 2011, profiles and music from five up-and-coming bands will be featured at the site where music fans can tune in to hear original tracks and then vote for the band that best represents the Lands' End Canvas style. Visitors can vote for their favorite band once each day to be entered to win one of ten $250 LiveNation® Concert Cash™ prizes good towards concert tickets and merchandise at LiveNation.com. Concert Cash winners to be announced on July 11, 2011.
"At Lands' End Canvas we know music and style go hand-in-hand," said Chris Kolbe, EVP, Chief Design and Merchandising Officer, Lands' End. "Through the New Music Now campaign we wanted to help connect our customers with original, undiscovered artists and share our passion for indie music."
Five Featured Bands
Audiosocket, a leader in undiscovered music talent, considered hundreds of bands for the New Music Now competition and five have been selected as finalists including:
- JD McPherson, Chicago – Made in an entirely vintage analogue studio, Signs & Signifiers will make you want to go back and pull out and dust off all of those Elvis, Little Richard and James Brown LPs. JD breathes some major new life into a style we don't hear much on the radio anymore. You are going to be hearing a lot from this guy soon though!
- The Wandas, Boston – The Wandas are about to break big with their upcoming 2011 release produced by Patrick Krief of The Dears and featuring members of indie rock idols The Stills and Stars.
- Archie Powell & The Exports, Chicago -- A super fun, high energy post-garage band out of the Midwest that takes a page out of the song books of Paul Westerberg and Tom Petty. It's exciting and smart music that doesn't skimp on sarcasm.
- Kero One, San Francisco -- If you haven't heard of Kero One yet you are about to start hearing about him a lot. Already a huge star in Japan this Bay Area hip hop artist has been getting attention from all the right places these days including a major endorsement from Will.i.am.
- Visqueen, Seattle -- Visqueen has been a staple on the Northwest rock scene for years but their new album Message to Garcia has certainly been their crowning achievement garnering rave reviews from nearly every major source for music news. Rachel Flotard is a powerhouse front woman known also known for her prominent roll in Neko Case's band whom she has also recruited to sing on this album.
"At Audiosocket, we are always on the lookout for opportunities for independent artists. The bands we have selected for the New Music Now campaign are top notch and without a doubt deserve this kind of spotlight," said Mike Turner, Director of Creative Music Services for Audiosocket. "The interactive "fan engagement" style of programs such as the New Music Now campaign with Lands' End Canvas is great for artist development and discovering emerging talent."
Votes will be tabulated after June 27, 2011 and the winning band will be announced on July 11, 2011. The winning band will receive $3,000 worth of studio time to record a CD and a featured spot on landsendcanvas.com and its Facebook page.
About Lands' End Canvas™
Authentic inspiration, modern interpretation: clothing and accessories with an effortless sense of style for women and men. True to its Lands' End roots, everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Sold at landsendcanvas.com, 1-877-877-1963, the Lands' End Canvas Shops at Sears and around the world.
Audiosocket is a boutique music licensing agency representing more than 1800 emerging bands, composers and record labels from around the world. As a next-generation content provider, Audiosocket thrives at the intersection of music and technology and is dedicated to putting music in the hands of the people who need it and to giving artists the opportunity to receive multi-tiered exposure.
SOURCE Lands’ End Canvas