DODGEVILLE, Wis., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- While it may seem as though holiday shoppers begin shopping earlier each year, many still procrastinate when it comes to purchasing presents. In fact, a recent survey conducted by Lands' End found that almost nine out of ten respondents (88 percent) still had gifts to purchase this holiday season. The survey also found more than half of respondents (54 percent) will wait until just a few days before Christmas to purchase the last gift on shopping lists while over 20 percent plan to purchase presents on Christmas Eve and even Christmas Day.
To offer shopping assistance to holiday procrastinators, Lands' End has established the Procrastination Destination Hotline at 1-800-478-8508, offering the company's legendary customer service. Last-minute shoppers can call in at anytime between now and Christmas Eve to receive gift suggestions and assistance from Lands' End's gifting gurus and holiday experts.
"Last-minute shoppers know they can turn to Lands' End to help them find something for everyone on the gift list," said Susan Sachatello, chief marketing officer, Lands' End. "From gift boxing and our legendary customer service to the new holiday Procrastination Destination Hotline, Lands' End offers a variety of solutions for holiday shopping procrastinators."
Almost half (49 percent) of survey respondents consider themselves holiday shopping procrastinators. Many stated they delay shopping because of a lack of time (32 percent), while a quarter of respondents (25 percent) have a hard time coming up with gift ideas and 11 percent are holding out holiday hopes to win the lottery. When it comes to services that would help complete holiday shopping tasks, respondents overwhelmingly chose free shipping (98 percent), followed by direct shipping to gift recipients (70 percent), gift wrapping (68 percent), personal shopping assistance (36 percent) and live customer service video chat (27 percent).
Lands' End – The Procrastination Destination
In addition to the Procrastination Destination Hotline, the company also offers a variety of other services to assist last-minute holiday shoppers including:
- Personal Shoppers. Get free expert advice on gift ideas, product features and more this holiday season from Lands' End Personal Shoppers.
- Lands' End Live™. The new live video chat, Lands' End Live™, offers holiday shoppers the chance to see Lands' End Personal Shoppers via video chat. Video chat is one way – customers can see the representatives and merchandise without being seen. With thousands of holiday offerings at their finger tips, the personal shoppers will be able to show customers a variety of products – demonstrating product features and functionalities, and offering expert advice on holiday gifts.
- Toll Free Tips. Not on a computer – no problem. Expert advice from Lands' End gift gurus is also available by calling the Procrastination Destination Hotline at 1-800-478-8508.
- Gift Boxing – Almost seven out of ten survey respondents (68 percent) stated that gift wrapping would help to complete holiday shopping tasks. Lands' End will wrap gifts in tissue, place them in a handsome box, even fill out a card with a holiday message and tie it all up with a ribbon – all for $6.00.
- Monogramming – From initials to names and nicknames a gift goes from nice to unique instantly when it's monogrammed. Available on soap sets and stockings to totes and towels and everything in between, Lands' End offers expert monogramming for a personalized touch. Lands' End can personalize an item starting at just $5. Monogrammed or hemmed items will make tree time when ordered by Dec. 20.
- National Free Shipping Day – On December 17th, Lands' End is offering free shipping with a $50.00 minimum purchase as part of National Free Shipping Day. The survey found the shipping promotion will be embraced by last-minute shoppers with more than 86 percent of respondents stating they plan to purchase gifts online during this holiday shopping event.
- Gift Cards – Lands' End offers both traditional Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards for the holidays. The traditional wallet-size plastic Gift Cards are available in a variety of holiday designs and in any amount from $5.00 to $500. E-Gift Cards are the fastest way to give a great gift – average delivery time is just 2 hours or less. Available in $5.00 to $500, add a personalized message and send it via email straight to your recipient's in-box – even on Christmas Day.
- Guaranteed. Period.® – If you're not satisfied with any item, simply return it to Lands' End at any time for an exchange or refund of its purchase price.
- Christmas Shipping – Lands' End orders placed by Dec. 21 on in-stock items, at standard shipping and handling, will be received by Dec. 24, just in time to be placed under the tree. Present procrastinators can order in-stock items by Dec. 22 for an added fee.
About Lands' End
Lands' End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of Sears Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: SHLD).
Editor's Note: The online Procrastination Destination survey was conducted by Lands' End via SurveyMonkey.com from Friday, December 10, 2010 through Monday, December 13, 2010 among 803 adult participants.
SOURCE Lands' End