DODGEVILLE, Wis., April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to expressing love and gratitude, adult children admit to not telling their moms often enough. In fact, according to the recent #DearMom survey conducted on behalf of Lands' End, eight out of ten adult children polled feel they should tell Mom more frequently how much they care. While 16 percent of respondents admit to "rarely" telling Mom how much she's loved, 81 percent make it a priority to honor Mom each Mother's Day. Lands' End is making it even easier for children—young and old—to show Mom how much she's loved and adored through the #DearMom Mother's Day campaign. For details, visit landsend.com/dearmom.
"This Mother's Day Lands' End is giving you the opportunity to show your mom how much you care through the #DearMom campaign. This heartfelt initiative creates an easy, compelling platform through social media to let moms everywhere know how much they are loved," said Federica Marchionni, CEO of Lands' End. "Becoming a mom has been the most amazing and rewarding experience of my life. Hearing my son say 'I love you, Mom' means more to me than anything else. So we invite you to tell the special women in your life how much they are loved and appreciated this Mother's Day."
QUALITY TIME WITH MOM
The survey found that 63 percent of respondents feel as though they do not spend enough quality time with Mom. As a result, Lands' End is offering one lucky winner the chance to win a trip with Mom through the #DearMom sweepstakes. Now through May 4, everyone can enter for a chance to win a five-day trip for two to the luxurious Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel. To enter daily, fill out the form at landsend.com/dearmom.
SHOW MOM SHE'S LOVED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Almost half (48 percent) of survey respondents stated they are "friends" with their moms on social media and four out of ten have posted about their mom on social platforms. From now until May 6, the socially savvy can follow a daily prompt to share a Mother's Day message, photo or video on Instagram and/or Twitter using #DearMom, #contest and #mylandsend for a daily chance to win a $100 Lands' End gift card. Winners will be chosen at random and participants are encouraged to enter daily, because Mom can never hear enough how much she's adored.
ADDITIONAL #DEARMOM SURVEY FINDINGS
- Pen to Paper—Almost seven out of ten (67 percent) of those surveyed stated they have given Mom a handwritten letter or card to express their love and other sentiments.
- Mom Appreciation—More than half (53 percent) of survey respondents acknowledged they do not show their mom she's appreciated enough.
- Must for Mom—Seven out of ten (70 percent) of those adult children surveyed stated that Mother's Day is an important day for their mom.
- Keep It Crafty—Six out of ten (60 percent) adult children polled have made a homemade craft for their mother.
- Express Yourself—Some survey respondents acknowledged having a difficult time knowing how to show their moms how much they care (45 percent).
- Daily Dose of Love—While some adult children have a hard time expressing love and affection for mom, others (19 percent) tell their moms daily how much they are loved and another 35 percent tell them at least weekly.
- Day for Mom—Almost all respondents (95 percent) make it a point to express affection towards Mom on Mother's Day as well as her birthday (94 percent).
ABOUT LANDS' END, INC.
Lands' End, Inc. (Nasdaq:LE) is a leading multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products. We offer products through catalogs, online at www.landsend.com, www.canvasbylandsend.com and affiliated specialty and international websites, and through retail locations, primarily at Lands' End Shops at Sears® and standalone Lands' End Inlet® Stores. We are a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service and real value, and seek to deliver timeless style for men, women, kids and the home.
Methodology: The Lands' End #DearMom Survey was conducted by SurveyMonkey between March 21-28, 2016 and included a sample size of 629 male and female adults ages 18+ with a female parent.
Video - https://youtu.be/Sdze5kPJUH4
SOURCE Lands' End, Inc.