WASHINGTON, May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Yoido Full Gospel Global Network (YFGN) announced that the Christian Council of Korea (CCK), the Friendship Council of USA, the Korean Christian Council of the World, the American Pastors Network, and the Korean American Association of Washington Metropolitan Area (KAAW) will be hosting a Luncheon Prayer Meeting on June 27, 2017, from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C., to pray for peace on the Korean Peninsula, improve bi-lateral relations between the U.S. and the Republic of Korea, and promote world peace.
Projected to be the largest Korean and American Luncheon Prayer Meeting of its kind, approximately 200 guests are scheduled to be in attendance including televangelist Paula White, American church and civic leaders, members of U.S. Congress, Korean-American church leaders representing 42,000 Korean-American churches across the nation, and a special delegation from the South Korean Church along with a variety of civic organizations, which will be led by Rev. Dr. Young Hoon Lee, senior pastor of the largest church in the world. Rev. Dr. Lee is the Former President of CCK, which represents all the Churches in the Republic of Korea and also serves as the Senior Pastor of the Yoido Full Gospel Church that has over 850,000 active members and was founded by Dr. David Yonggi Cho.
The event will be an opportunity to pray for world peace, particularly for a resolution over the looming nuclear issues in North Korea, for President Trump and his Administration, as well as the newly-elected president of Republic of Korea. Rev. Young Hoon Lee stated, "We [North and South Koreans] have been a divided nation for over 70 years and believe that only by praying together, and through God's grace, can we achieve peace on the peninsula."
Rev. Peter J. Hwang of the Friendship Council of USA said, "Korean-American Christians are very concerned about the current events on the peninsula and how the U.S. will respond; we will be praying for wisdom and guidance."
Rev. Kwon Il Doo of YFGN added, "We hope that this Luncheon Prayer Meeting will be a historic moment for the U.S. and Republic of Korea to bring the two nations closer together and to contribute to world peace."
- This is an unprecedented event. Over 100 Korean American Pastors representing over 1.7 million Korean-Americans in the United States and 100 American Church and Civic Leaders will unify for a high-profile prayer meeting under one roof.
- The event promotes awareness of regional security issues of mutual interest to U.S. and the Republic of Korea.
- The event enhances relations between the United States and the Republic of Korea.
- Due to the high-profile nature of the event, local Korean-American Churches will establish better relationships with their elected officials and actively engage in elections.
- Christian Council of Korea (CCK): http://www.cck.or.kr/
- Yoido Full Gospel Global Network: http://yfgn.fgtv.com/
- Yoido Full Gospel Church: http://english.fgtv.com
- Council of Korean Churches of Greater Washington (CKCGW): http://www.ckcgw.us/
- American Pastors Network: https://americanpastorsnetwork.net/
- Korean American Association of Washington Metropolitan Area: http://www.koreanassociation.org
Phone: (202) 710-5500
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/largest-high-profile-us-republic-of-korea-luncheon-prayer-meeting-to-be-held-in-washington-dc-in-hopes-of-promoting-regional-security-bi-lateral-relations-and-world-peace-300459767.html
SOURCE Yoido Full Gospel Global Network