SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delectable, the wine app loved and actively used by the world's leading wine professionals, today announced the launch of Delectable 3.0 featuring personalized, credible wine recommendations. A significant upgrade of its already popular iPhone app, Delectable 3.0 offers casual and passionate wine drinkers alike the best way to answer the question: what to try next?
"We've used technology to make the world a more delicious place," said Alex Fishman, Founder and CEO of Delectable. "Wine has been harder for wine drinkers than it needs to be. With so many regions, varieties, vintages and styles, it's a challenge to find great wine on-demand and extremely difficult to understand what makes a wine special. We're taking the hassles out of finding wine, so that people can spend more time enjoying it."
Powering Delectable's recommendations is the fastest growing and most diverse wine community, a database of more than 2 million bottles (and growing daily), and the ability to turn enormous amounts of data into meaningful information to help any wine drinker. Just snap a picture of a wine label with the app and Delectable's unrivaled image recognition delivers accurate, essential information about the wine along with reliable community and expert reviews. If the wine is available for purchase, you can order it then and there.
Dedicated to building indispensable tools for wine lovers, new features to Delectable 3.0 include:
- Personalized Wine Recommendations curated to one's own taste and experiences, with selections from the user's own community of friends and wine luminaries,
- Comprehensive Wine Profiles with accurate information and authentic community reviews from the world's top wine professionals and experts
- Explorable Map that helps users seamlessly navigate their taste by displaying the origin of their preferred wine choices, revealing the parts of the world their taste gravitates to, and the destinations they should venture off to next
- Expert Community Additions that help users discover top wine professionals and tastemakers from around the world
- Social Integration for direct connection and interaction between community members
As owner & winemaker of Matthiasson Wines and 2012 Food & Wine Magazine Winemaker of the Year, Steve Matthiasson puts it, "I really enjoy the social aspect of sharing wine exploration with others. Wine is supposed to be a social beverage, and Delectable adds a whole other dimension to that wonderful aspect of wine."
"Wine has a reputation of being exclusive and confusing," Fishman continued. "We believe that it should be enjoyed by everybody, and we've created a natural and approachable way for people to learn more about wine."
Founded in 2011, Delectable is a leading wine app with the world's largest wine database of over 2 million wines and an engaged social community including the world's leading wine professionals. The team is comprised of technologists, designers, winemakers and artists building technology to reinvent the wine industry. For more information, visit www.delectable.com